Is something wrong with my s/c?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is something wrong with my s/c?

Yesterday morning I noticed a whinning noise (kinda like a belt, or pulley, or something) coming from the from of the front of the engine comp. I found that out because I heard it a few more times before I decided to pop the hood. It speeds up with the rpms found that out too, but it quits after a few min. It mainly does it right after start up. It sounds like it is coming from somewhere near the front of the s/c. Also I noticed that my intercooler reservior was not functioning, you know, the bubbles from the air,while the truck is running. It was'nt doing anything. Turned the truck off, noticed my boost gauge was at 0, neutral setting, turned truck back on- went back down to normal, and the bubbles started back up. Then while I was driving, I got on it a little to help me determine the problem, and I could here the blower running but not boost registering on the gauge, stepped on it once more and boost was there on the gauge? help

Old 12-29-2004, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would probably get more response posting your question in the Lightning forum.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.
For starters try running the truck for a short period of time without the belt installed. See if the noise is still there.

Quick Reply: Is something wrong with my s/c?