Got 48K miles now, what needs to be done?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 03:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Got 48K miles now, what needs to be done?

I regularly do the fuel filter, air filter, oil changes, tires rotated, etc. I also installed ceramic brake pads about 15K miles ago on the front, changed coolant and shocks about 8K miles ago, replaced under hood fluids with synthetics and I just today replaced the rear driveshaft u-joints, changed the tranny fluid and transfer case.

I would guess I'd need to check out the rear brakes, my front rotors are very slightly warped, and change the front / rear diff. fluid soon. What else should I look into? It's a 4.6L 4x4 5-speed. Thanks!!!

Old 10-17-2004, 08:53 AM
Account Suspended For Violation of Terms of Service
'scuse me, how hard do you work your truck?
replaced the rear driveshaft u-joints, changed the tranny fluid and transfer case.
I also installed ceramic brake pads about 15K miles ago on the front, changed coolant and shocks about 8K miles ago
my gosh, you do not need to do any of this until 100k.(except the brakes)
you should never have to replace u joints, and shocks? COME ON. no offense or anything, but you are one who has more time than me!
Just drive your truck and enjoy it! That's what they're for. You'll never get any good out of it if you're always spending money on it, and crawling under it constantly.

Old 10-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Most of the maintenance items I have already done were for added performance. For instance my 33's weigh something like 68 lbs. per tire, so I upgraded the front brakes which only had about 3K mi. left on them anyway. I did the u-joints because I was getting a popping / binding noise from them starting last week after a weekend of 4-wheeling. Hence the Rancho RS5000 and 33's upgrade, so you're right...I do enjoy using my truck. It's my most expensive toy.

Quick Reply: Got 48K miles now, what needs to be done?