Power Foam works like Sea Foam

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 06:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Foam works like Sea Foam

Just getting around to posting this. About a month ago I used some Amsoil Power foam intake and engine cleaner on my 97 F150.

The Power Foam comes in a spray can with one of the red straw tips you can use for directing the spray. After reading about the Sea Foam I wanted to do it through the Vacuum line on the Power brake. I warmed up the engine and unhood the vacuum line then I sprayed the entire can of power foam into the line.

The vacuum line suck the stuff right up. I turned off the engine and let it sit about 30 minutes. Then drove off with a huge cloud of white smoke following me

In the last month or so I've noticed less pinging. I was getting a ping under acceleration with regular gas. And with the price of gas going up I'm not about to resign myself to use mid or high test.

I talked to the Guy at the NAPA auto parts and he said I should have done this throught the EGR line becuase it goes in the the intake at the throttle body(so that would get cleaned) the Power Brake line goes in futher down toward the Plenum.

So I bought a couple more cans to give that a try. I had pulled the intake tube off and saw that there was a lot of carbon inside the intake. Especially behind the butterfly valve. Hopefully after doing the EGR line we will see even better perfermance.

Here are some pics of the process:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sax...&.dnm=26d5.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sax...&.dnm=8bf1.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sax...&.dnm=5383.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sax...&.dnm=c44b.jpg
  • Removes gum, varnish and carbon deposits
  • Suppresses engine ping
  • Cuts through rust and grease
  • Improves fuel economy
  • Frees stuck choke mechanisms

Cleans entire combustion intake system for improved engine performance. Removes gum, varnish and carbon deposits for better fuel economy and improved overall engine performance. Cleans intake valves, intake manifolds and throttle plates to keep the combustion intake system running at peak efficiency. Effective in both two-cycle and four-cycle engines.

**safe for catalytic converters and emission control devices

Old 05-27-2004, 06:46 AM
More Amsoil stuff, huh.

Old 05-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Ya, I wanted to post this a few weeks ago, but I'm so darned busy. I didn't have the pictures uploaded to anywhere.

So I thought for those that had access to an amsoil dealer near them or a store that carried it, this would be another option to the sea foam.

As far as someone buying 1 can from me, it's not worth the shipping cost unless they get something like a case of oil and so forth, the the shipping is really low. But on 1 can which is 2 lbs, it's like $5.50 for shipping.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:54 PM
I actually have a few cans of the stuff but haven't tried it yet. Should you change your oil after doing a treatment or will the oil filter catch any bad stuff?

How would you go about sucking it up through the egr line? Woudn't you have to take off the egr valve and spray it into the erg passages. I assume the PCV line would also do the trick.

Old 06-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by flyboy9000
I actually have a few cans of the stuff but haven't tried it yet. Should you change your oil after doing a treatment or will the oil filter catch any bad stuff?

How would you go about sucking it up through the egr line? Woudn't you have to take off the egr valve and spray it into the erg passages. I assume the PCV line would also do the trick.
On the EGR, I got confused with the PCV line. I tried this yesterday and there was very little suction on this line. The foam would just run back out of the line.

IT DOESN'T WORK.

I did try an differnt line I don't know what it's for but it hooks up to a valve on the left side of the truck that looks like a valve stem from a tire. I unhooked that and it sucked the whole can. That line goes right to the top of the intake so I would assume it will do a more thorough cleaning. I'll try to get pics of the line.

Old 06-01-2004, 10:04 PM
I think that the stem that you are talking about is the same one that relieves the pressure on the fuel line.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pickup Man
I think that the stem that you are talking about is the same one that relieves the pressure on the fuel line.
I don't think so, as the fuel line is no where near this. I think the one that relieves the fuel line pressure is on the fuel rail.

I think this line is for hooking up some sort of diagnostic or injector cleaning kit.

Trending Topics

Old 06-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Okay here is a photo.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sax...&.dnm=26d5.jpg

Notice the green cap directly above the line to the power brake? This the cap for the valve that I was talking about.

To the left of the green cap is a line(with a green plastic connector fitting that goes to the top of the intake. I disconnect that green connector, started the truck and ran another can of Power Foam through that. It has really good suction and took the whole can with no stalling. I reconned that line waited about 15 minutes then started it, and drove around to "blow out" the stuff.

At first you get a huged cloud of white smoke, then it clears and runs great. It idles perfectly and makes good power all the way to redline.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Doc
Hi ,
I'm still using and loving the Amsoil stuff... you recommended it to me many years ago.. use it in my F-150 '97 small blk v-8 and the wifes '02 Chevy Trailblazer, straight six - hot motor.

I use the 0-30 Series 2000... don't usually go past 20K per change
and always use two filters for that period (one every 10K)...

Did you get the Powerfoam into the EGR?

I'm buying some now, let me know if you can get it into the area of EGR... Sea Foam came highly recommended, but I'll try this
first.

Doc

Quick Reply: Power Foam works like Sea Foam