Can I install pullys myself?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I install pullys myself?

I have been thinking about installing some underdrive pullys on my truck..Is this something that I can do in my garage, with no specialty tools?
Thanks

Old 05-21-2004, 08:22 PM
yes

take your time, follow instructions and about 1 hour. make sure you get the right sized belt.

Old 05-21-2004, 10:09 PM
The lower pulley is integrated into the harmonic balancer. Specialty tool = appropriate puller. It's not a hard job to do yourself.

Old 05-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the input. Does the pully kit come with detailed instructions? I have seen some kits that say that I can retain the use of the factory belt. Is this true, or should I go ahead and install a new one? And about the tool, is this something that I can get on loan from a place like Auto Zone?
Thanks again.

Old 05-22-2004, 03:16 PM
You're Welcome ! The kit comes with instructions and they are also online. There are many member write-ups here that you can search as well. If you don't have a newish Gatorback belt, then replace it. Autozone rents the puller and has it on their website (you need a 3 prong unit). You can buy a 46-piece harmonic balancer puller at J.C.Whitney for $15. This website has the kit pictured, installation instructions, and belt application guides.
www.aspracing.com

Quick Reply: Can I install pullys myself?