95 F150 Fuel Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 F150 Fuel Pump Replacement

I have a 95 F150 extend cab with bad fuel pump in rear tank (dual tanks). I want to do this myself but need a nudge to get started. I need to know where to relieve the fuel line pressure. Manual suggest special tool to disconnect fuel line fittings. . .is a special tool required ???? Any other advice.

Thanks,

Aurora

Old 04-29-2004, 06:47 PM
When I changed one of the pumps on my 92 I just let is sit for a few hours and most of the fuel pressure was relieved on its own. There are special tools to disconnect the fuel lines. You can get them at most parts stores.

The set I had was cheap and I could not get the fitting just above the tank to release. I lowered the tank and removed the pump with the fuel lines still attached. The new pump I had was just the pump without a new fuel line. I had to replace the pump while it was hanging from the fuel line. It was a real pain.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Lightbulb

Thanks for the advice. Heres what I ended up doing to purge the fuel lines of pressure. Pulled the fuel pump fuse, started the motor and ran it for a few seconds until it died (no fuel). Oh ya remember to disconnect the negative battery line befoe pulling the fuse. I fought my through the procedure without discounnecting the fuel lines. It was a real pain but I struggled through up to the point of installing the ring on the top of the tank. Couldn't get the pump recessed far enough with the fuel lines pulling it up to get the ring started. I'm going to the parts store to get some special tools tomorrow so I can get the pump disconnected from the fuel lines. What a dumb way to connect fuel lines!

Aurora. . . .

Quick Reply: 95 F150 Fuel Pump Replacement