Need Ammo

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Ammo

There some punk@ss over at this over forum I visit giving Ford's hell. Need some more ammo so I can shut him up. You guys got any comments???Here is what was last posted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Schmoe:
You guys that "test" drove the trucks. Did you at least compare rear-end ratios to see if they were evenly matched for a "true" comparison????
The rear ends is what determines if the truck will take off like a scolded dog or if it will pull your house at 80 mph down the interstate. There are also different transmissions to choose from. You get me a F150 and Titan that are evenly matched in all aspects and I'll smoke any Titan. You can't tell me that there is no comparison on the quality between a F150 and a Titan? I think Nissan should stick with their light trucks and get out of the large truck market.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That pretty funny, there is absolutely no comparison between the nissan 5.6 and the ford 5.4 when it comes to power output. BTW the only gear options the titan has are 2.96(similer to a 4 spd. auto with 3.73's) and 3.36(same as a 4spd w/ 4.11) Sorry but the ford is a pig, i've got a bunch of contractor friends that recently bought the new ford and none of them are happy campers, some have had reliabilty issue's, all say it has no power and get horrible gas milage. I've also driven the ford and your not fooling me with your "my f-150 will smoke your titan" Just drive the titan before you start spouting off, thats all i ask. Whats funny is the toyota tundra with its 240h.p. engine runs almost exact 0-60 and 1/4 et's and traps. When your f-150 can pull a 7.6 0-60 time and a 15.6 1/4 mile, than we can start debating which one is more powerful. It gets even uglier when towing when boating magazine awarded the Titan "tow vehicle of the year" 0-60 towing a 8000lb trailer, titan = 20.8 sec. f-150=26.8 sec. somebody is not telling the truth on power output and considering the silverado with a 5.3 did the same run in 23 sec. you tell me what truck was a tad optimistic on the output #'s.l The F-150 is a good looking truck with a good looking interior, but the good all ends there sorry.

Old 04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
The Titan is about as ugly as they come. I don't know one person that has looked at that truck and said it looks nice. Also, there is a lot of difference in the 03 and 04 5.4 liter engine. Are they comparing to the old engine? I think that the new three valve 5.4 would not have a problem out pulling that ugly beast.

You could also say that the Ford has a smaller engine, why does Nissan need the extra size to put out roughly the same power?

Old 04-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 93_Snake
You could also say that the Ford has a smaller engine, why does Nissan need the extra size to put out roughly the same power?
Because Nissans are crap. I agree with you about the looks as well. What a cheap looking "toy".

I did a test drive on a few Nissan trucks:

The ford looks better, rides smoother, less road noise, and is a better price. Not to mention prices on parts. I have a buddy that works pest control. At one point he was driving a lil Nissan "hard body" or whatever they are called. He was telling me about some kind of sensor that went out and needed to be replaced. It cost around $400.00 to fix that piece of crap, and that was just PARTS. The mechanic told the owner of the company that if would have been a Ford or Chevy, he would have paid half of that.

I love my MY TRUCK. I could care less about racing it, trying to "out pull" anyone, or worry about the gas mileage. I just know if a lady had a choice of which truck to take a ride in.....she'll be riding with me

Old 04-01-2004, 02:32 PM
I hate to be the giver of bad news, but there is no way a 3v 5.4L F150 will out power a 5.6L Titan in acceleration. I drove my brother N' laws Titan over the weekend, and it is way faster than the new F150s.

If you look at all the test from 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc. the Titan is comparable to the Hemi in performance. Troll a Hemi board, and all they talk about is racing Titans, and how they compare to each other.

Even Motor Trend, the magazine that named the new F150 truck of the year noted that the Titan with 800 lbs in the bed was still faster than a 5.4 F150 empty both in 0-60 and quarter mile. They also thought Nissan is probably underrating the Titan's 305 hp, and peg it closer to the 345 Hemi claims.

But guess what's in my driveway, not the Titan. You don't buy a truck to drag race guys; you buy it for its earned reputation, abilities, style, and looks, which the F150 has in spades!!! Sure the Titan will outrun you, but who cares, your truck is still capable and looks 10x better than the Frontier on steroids styling that Nissan gave the Titan. Plus Titan's interior is cheap.

In short, tell him that his truck may be faster but only so people can't get a good look at how ugly it is, and that your F150 is a little slower so people have more time to admire how sweet it looks!

Last edited by gpaje; 04-01-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:55 PM
AWH
0-60...who cares?

This maybe a bit o/t for the post, but other than bragging rights, does it matter AT ALL what time your truck makes it in 0-60? Speed is the last thing I think about when I look at a truck and it's performance capabilities.

Old 04-01-2004, 04:02 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Anybody remember the first gen 5.4? 235 hp and 330 Ft lbs? Well this ford's first crack at 3 valves. They left plenty of room for improvment.

JMC

Old 04-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Guys,

The honest truth is the Titan is just faster than the F-150. The reason why is simple:

The Titan is tuned for premium fuel only.

I was on the fence between the Ford and the Titan. The fact that the Ford can run on 87 octane while the Titan is tuned for 91 is a huge difference to me. I can't afford an extra $.15/gallon for a truck that gets 14 MPG. Take the new F-150, adjust the engine tune for 91 octane, and then race a Titan--I'm betting they'd run neck and neck.

Grim

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-2004, 07:45 PM
All you have to say is `28 years in a row, buddy, and the Titan ain't exactly outselling Ford this year! Also, the F-150 can tow more.`

Last edited by Pickup Man; 04-01-2004 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:49 AM
1...Ask him why there aren't more Titans on the road.

2..Buy him a copy of the movie "Pearl Harbor".

Old 04-02-2004, 09:39 AM
The Titan is Nissan's top of the line pulling machine. Lets compare that to Ford, Chevy, and Dodge's top of the line diesel pulling trucks. The Nissan does not hold a candle to those for pulling power.

Old 04-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Buy American

or

BYE BYE American Jobs.

Old 04-02-2004, 01:46 PM
I like the Titan. Nice features, tows a lot, decent mileage, powerful engine and very quick transmission. Almost traded my Ford for one.

Caught one detail that made me gasp and never look at the Titan again. Payload! Barely enought payload for 4 grown adults and a cooler of beer in the back. No thanks! I can legaly haul over 2000 lbs in my V-6 F150 without being overweight on a scale. The Titan was around 1200 lbs. Figure (4) 200 lb guys, 30 gal of gas, and a 60 lb cooler, you have 1100 lbs. Yikes!

Might as well buy a Camry or Accord. At least you'll have a comfortable ride with decent mileage.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Just saw a commercial for the new Titan PU and it's comparable Nissan SUV. The commercial shows the hoods closing in some sort of rythem. Every time the hoods close the grill wobbles and headlights shake.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Ok....whoever keeps talking about how the ugly titan is so much more powerful and better than ford and especially the new 04's....get off this website and get real. IF they were so much better then you would see alot more titans...i dont think i have ever seen a titan before??? is it even a truck or just a little hot wheel car they make now days for little kids?? Where i come from on the country trucks are used to pull alot and for show. You dont see any nissa titans..haha junk....the only thing you see is mainly FORD, then chevy or dodge but mostly fords.....Whoever has this big ol 5.6 liter titan...any day you want to hook up to my 99 f-150 4.6L i will go hands down. I wont back down...Hell if you have any problems beating me then you dont stand a chance against the new 5.4 with the three valves..no damn way....those 5.4 will blow the smoke off the 4.6...I run both engines often wiht the work truck and my good truck...so face it.....titan=junk

Old 04-03-2004, 04:28 AM
I'm an F150 owner (1998, 2000, 2004), and have driven all the trucks mentioned on this board. The new F150 5.4L 3V is slower than the Titan period. I own Fords and will continue to own Fords forever, but I will not put my head in the sand over the facts because I'm a Ford fan.

You don't believe me, than read the truck test comparisons below! The only truck that can compete with the Titan based on performance numbers is the Dodge Ram Hemi.

Facts Below, read it if you can handle the truth...

Car & Driver Full Size Truck Comparo

Motor Trend Truck of the Year Comparo

Again, you don't purchase a truck based on hotrod performance do you? Just be happy we have the best balanced truck on the market, hence the Motor Trend Truck of the Year 2004!!!

Last edited by gpaje; 04-03-2004 at 08:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Need Ammo