f150 a piece of crap

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f150 a piece of crap

Never again will I tell anyone I liked my f150 because at 50,000 I feel like driving the sun of a&&()*(&b right through Ford's front door. Now that i got some of the real sissy's tee'd off, how boat someone with some real ***** tell me what the problem might be because the yo yo's at the blue oval dealership truly don't have any answers.

Haven't had the battery disconnected ever. In december at 50,000 they replaced 2 coils on my grandeous heep of trash ford tough f150. Last week I went in for smog and the stations machine said not ready on the bottom 3 readings. Took it to ford and their equipment said the same thing so they had the tech guy drive it around town for over an hour through 2 drive cycles and it finally read ready on all 3 bars below.

I drove straight to the shell station to finish up but the smog guy was not there but a trained person just plugged the machine underneath the dash and did not clear any codes and got the READY SIGNALS on the final 3 sections. They said come back in the morning and you should be fine. I drive there today and it failed. For sure I will take it to ford and that service manager better pass me like the tech said he would but I'm not paying the 89 bucks. First a week ago they said my battery was no good. WRONG......MY BATTERY IS GOOD. It's been tested under load and they just relied on the super expensive machinery.

I bet that computer is fouled up. So, have you gone through this b.s. yet? I'm supposed to get my truck on the ferry to alaska by the first week of april and without a current registration it looks like I will have problems. I'll be dammed if I'm going to pay for any computer work. At that time, I'll really think about driving this piece of blown headgasket piece of crap at 17,000 miles truck through their front door window.

Old 03-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down

HI!... The way you sound, mabey you should of bought a CHEBY or DODGE. Then you'd have something to REALLY cry about.

Old 03-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I know how you feel when crap like that happens. If you drive it through their front door, get pictures!

Don't bother with getting a Dodge or a Chevy cause I don't think they have enough power to make it through a front door.

Old 03-13-2004, 04:54 PM
they most likely dico'd the batt when they replaced the coils. your problem is with the smog test not your truck.

did they fix your head gasket? under warranty? is it leaking now at 50k?

enjoy your new chevy,dodge,toy,titan.

later-

Old 03-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Im gonna get so much crap for this but buy a Chevy. Our chevys are so much better than my F150, even the F150 my dad had before the Chevy he has now was a p.o.s. I wouldnt think twice about gettin rid of my 150 for a Chevy. You couldnt give me another Ford.

There are so many more common problems with Ford than Chevy. Yeah, Chevy has thier tranny problmes and some knocking on the newer engines, but come on, the Fords; blown gaskets, the locks, the windows, trannys, tie rods jsut freakin poppon off, dome lights that wont go off(grr) the paint , the door cracks, the premature rust, blowin' plugs. What else, I can probably go on for days.

Take a Chevy

Flame on

Old 03-14-2004, 02:12 AM
There are so many more common problems with Ford than Chevy. Yeah, Chevy has thier tranny problmes and some knocking on the newer engines, but come on, the Fords; blown gaskets, the locks, the windows, trannys, tie rods jsut freakin poppon off, dome lights that wont go off(grr) the paint , the door cracks, the premature rust, blowin' plugs.
My 97 F150, 130K:
  • No blown gaskets
  • No malfunctioning locks
  • No malfunctioning windows
  • Nothing wrong with the tranny (granted, it's a manual)
  • Nothing wrong with the tie rods
  • Dome lights work just fine
  • Paint in such good condition that people always ask me what kind of payments I'm swinging on my "brand new truck"
  • YES I have the door cracks, so small I never noticed them until I came across this site
  • Not a spot of rust anywhere

Dad's '95 Cheby Suburban, 100K: Had the entire engine completely torn apart TWICE to fix the constant knocking (so no, it's not just the "newer" engines), still not running at 100%

Just cuz you're having probs with your particular truck doesn't mean they're all like that dude...

Of course like temp1 said, if you're going with the original plan, take pics

Old 03-14-2004, 08:36 AM
I have had three Chevies that spent more time at the dealership than it did in my driveway. I swore never again to own a Chevy. My in-laws just went out and purchased a new 4x4 Suburban and a Chevy 4x4 truck. Both of these have already been to the dealership several times (transmission, clunking noises from drivetrain, etc). Both of these have less than 10k on the odometer. By the way, my truck has 113k miles and all I have had to do to it is to replace the front brake pads and the coils at 100k. Best vehicle thayt I have ever owned. All car manufacturers have their problems - Toyotas and Hondas included. If you don't believe me, go to any chat board for these vehicles and see the problems that they're having. Good luck.

Trending Topics

Old 03-14-2004, 08:51 AM
First ford I kind of agree with ya. I've had quite a few unrelated problems with my 01 Supercrew, with only 57,000 miles, I'm not overly impressed. Last truck was perfect 98 F150 man I liked that truck.........

We always buy chevy cars and ford trucks maybe this is apples and oranges but the cars last forever easily 150,000 before any real problems start showing up. While the trucks haven't been so great.

Well anyhow after taking this current truck in for a problem I was bitching about it to the service manager and he kind of chuckled and said he worked at the chevy dealership for 24 years and it's exactly the same thing over there... and you know I believe him.

So after rambling what I'm getting at is sell this truck and buy another one any brand. But remember you may get another one like the one you have (any brand) or you could just get this one fixed and maybe have a real nice truck for a long time. And save alot of money in the meantime.....

My thoughts this morning

Old 03-14-2004, 09:11 AM
If you hate your truck so bad, I'll give ya 50 bucks for it!

I think you have some bad 02 sensors or malfunctioning catalytic convertors!

Old 03-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Moving to a new location does bring about a lot of stress doesn't it. Get a vehicle that you feel is reliable and unwind. As for me, I find the Ford truck reliable enough for my needs.

Old 03-14-2004, 06:56 PM
HI!... The way you sound, mabey you should of bought a CHEBY or DODGE.
BINGO.

Then youd be like me, with a 96 4x4 with an *** whoopin' under-rated 360 and 121,000 miles that walks any new 5.4L.

At any rate, it sounds like most of your problem is not with your "POS" but with your state emissions testing. I dont want to get started on emissions. Fortunately for me, there are counties here i can get it tested for 12.50 and no emissions. For the others, we disconnect the battery for a while and clear the MIL lamp, then there is no check engine light and the emissions testing monkey is none the wiser. STILL costs 40 bucks though.

Does anyone have any suggestions for him though? I see the 02 sensors are the only suggestion thus far.

I still think emissions is crap. I know there isnt a soul on this board that gives DAMN about whether their truck is polluting the environment and might have an environmental impact in 52,000 years. The forest fires burning in the world put off more pollutants than all the vehicles in the world combined. This is the government's idea of a 'get rich quick' scheme'

Last edited by Dodge4x4; 03-14-2004 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Dodge4x4
BINGO.

Then youd be like me, with a 96 4x4 with an *** whoopin' under-rated 360 and 121,000 miles that walks any new 5.4L.
Thanks for the comedic relief Every now and then we see folks who think their slightly-modified truck is "the best thing since sliced bread"... I gotta give you some credit, at least you folks never miss an opportunity to post about how "bad" your truck is

I disagree with you on emissions testing. I live in Texas (in the Houston metro area) so if anyone knows about emissions PIA it's me. However, if you do some research I think you will find car pollution is one of (if not the largest) contributors to lousy air quality. Granted, I didn't buy a Toyota Pria (or whatever the hell they are) cause I'm a tree-hugger - I just think for the sake of our breathing air (and our kids, grandkids, etc.), we can make an attempt to keep it cleaner by sticking with our emissions system. But the $40 does still suck.

Anyway, I have no technical advice on this subject. However, I would start simple, doing the things you can do before you put all your effort into a new computer. Sometimes the things that trip us up most are, if we look, the easiest to catch.

Good luck -

Mike

Old 03-14-2004, 07:40 PM
hehe....its NOT modified, and its by no means a race truck either. But itll hold its own, maybe not against a chevy, but itll take a ford any day. Either way, im not going to bash anyone outright, im in YOUR forum now, not the other way around.

However,

I just think for the sake of our breathing air (and our kids, grandkids, etc.), we can make an attempt to keep it cleaner by sticking with our emissions system.
If YOU feel this way then YOU ought to be in a club or organization that PAYS for it. Its the biggest bunch of crap to have someone pay an assload of money for something like emissions testing. Moreover, the OWNER has to pay for it if its messed up, which is COMPLETELY BACKWARDS. I don't condone or support emissions testing. Thats OK, for now, i can avoid it, if many more counties start doing the BS then me and alot of folks have to put the cats back on teh trucks to pass, and that pisses me off cause its not an easy task.

Im all about saving the environment, as long as the damned govt pays for it. Im all about tree hugging as long as it doesnt cost me anything.

Last edited by Dodge4x4; 03-14-2004 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Here in Jacksonville they did away with Emissions testing. Classic cars were exempt, as well as diesels, and those are the two classes of vehicle guilty of polluting.

Old 03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down

HI!... Dodge4x4 : Anytime you want to race my *SLOW* 330C.I 5.4 your welcome. I'm N/A and I 'll still spot you 5 truck lengths. Even the HEMI trucks bow down to me. What joke = HEMI.

Quick Reply: f150 a piece of crap