Oil in intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil in intake

I thought I had this problem fixed but it has resurfaced.I have a 2001 f150 s-cab 4x4 w/4.6 and 42000 miles. A couple of months ago it was blowing blue smoke nearly every time at startup. I changed the PCV valve and checked out what hoses I could and found nothing more. 5 weeks went by and no puff of smoke whatsoever unitil last weekend. It is back to doing the same thing. When I take of the intake hose I am finding oil laying in the rear port that goes in to the intake. I am pretty convinced that oil is getting sucked into the intake and causing it to puff blue smoke at startup. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks, Sean

Old 10-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Anybody got an idea?

Sean

Old 10-08-2003, 04:07 PM
It will take some time with the SEARCH function, but this has happened before. It has something to do with a vaccuum being created and drawing oil up. I know it happens in Lightnings, and don't believe it is a big deal, but there is a fix of some sort.

Old 10-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Flafonman,
Thanks for your reply. I did the search and found this is common with Lightnings and some trucks similar to mine, although apparently not as common. The only fixes I found was a different type of PCV valve mainly for the Lightnings. Another was some people recommended putting a small filter on a tube in place of the PCV valve. My question is, will this cause codes or cause any other problems? Any advice would help.

Thanks, Sean

Quick Reply: Oil in intake