Repaired Intake Manifold Leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Repaired Intake Manifold Leak

Hi People!

My truck was hydrolocked a while ago, finally I got it from the shop, fixed. The guy checked the compression at each cylinder, and said it was OK, no need to replace the head gaskets now, he only changed the intake manifold gasket, and the plenum gasket(?!). Nevertheless, still a coolant leak from what appears to be either the front cover gasket or the head gaskets.
Before taking my truck to the shop, I called my dealer abut the head gasket recall, they said something like they knew about it, but after checking the truck's VIN, they said that no recall appeared on the computer system for that truck.
Any suggestions? I have 59,750 miles on it, and for the first time in 5 years, I'm afraid to drive it. I just CAN'T live that way...

TallTom...any ideas??

Thanks again people!

Robert

Old 08-12-2002, 06:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need more information about the leak.

Also did the shop perform a leak down test or just a compression test?

Assuming these are good I'd look over all the heater and bypass hoses. Good chance one is loose since all of them had to be removed to do the manifold job.

Check all 4 of them for leaks before moving to the timing cover gasket possibilty.

Then we'll tackle that part after you know where you stand on the previous 2 items.

1) Leak Down test.
2) All heater and bypass hoses.

Quick Reply: Repaired Intake Manifold Leak