Got my MAC on, HOLY RUST BATMAN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my MAC on, HOLY RUST BATMAN!

I need to figure out what Talley used on the inside of his MAC tube cause mine is twice as bad as his was. Maybe they're upping the price due to a better material soon to be used????

Old 06-19-2002, 05:30 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
I used some 3m sealer that my body shop buddy had... he said it seals metal... I put some on.

btw, the pipe is just some EMT Conduit that I use at work... I'm an Electrician.

I can duplicate these intakes for $40 minus the air filter. For $70 you can get a giant 12" filter that is used in the Lightning Intakes.

Old 06-19-2002, 09:22 PM
Question What is MAC and IMRC

Hey guys, help me out here... what is the MAC and the IMRC? It sounds like you guys are doing the greatest thing ever, only I cannot understand what you are talking about.

Thanks much,
Crotteau

Old 06-19-2002, 11:52 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
I forget the exact wording of IMRC but it's little butterflies that control the short runners of the lower intake... opens at 3,000rpm's and closes under that point. helps give a better low end torque and upper mid range power. However, at around 325rwhp they become more of a restriction and some of us 4.2's and mustang 3.8's have been removing them entirely once we've reached that point.

MAC is a brand... that sells intakes and exhaust products.

Quick Reply: Got my MAC on, HOLY RUST BATMAN!