Stock air filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock air filter

Just replaced my stock air filter with a K&N. What is that plastic thing at the end of the stock filter? Do I need it?

Old 04-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Question

Dont know what "plastic thing" at the end of the stock filter you are talking about. Just remove the stock filter and drop in the K&N. The K&N is a complete unit.

Old 04-29-2002, 12:19 PM
stange;
The plastic thing is a cone that helps to reduce turbulence at the end of the stock air filter. It is not on the K&N but is a integral part of the stock filter. Without this cone, I think there would be more turbulent air flow at the end of the K&N filter when used in a stock air cleaner housing. If you modify the housing by cutting it, I think that the turbulence would be eliminated. GlennMc.

Old 04-29-2002, 02:01 PM
Can it be removed?

Old 04-29-2002, 03:06 PM
stange
I think that you are worried for nothing. But, if you want, give it a wack and see if it comes off. A little duct tape and your new K&N should be equipped with a cone and ready to go. Seriously though,I wouldn't bother with it. I have a K&N in my truck and noticed no difference with it other than that it can be cleaned (and cleans up very well with K&N products ) and will save you money in the long run. GlennMc.

Old 04-29-2002, 03:12 PM
SSR
`

Take a look at my site... www.southsideracing.org , then click on "F150 air box modification" I recently wrote a short page about how to remove the air filter housing.

Quick Reply: Stock air filter