noise coming from underneath running board

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noise coming from underneath running board

I bought a 2019 F-150 Lariat 4X two weeks ago. Discovered a noise that is coming from behind and underneath the running board/driver's side. This noise only occurs when I open the driver's door and the truck has been parked/not running for 20 - 30 minutes. If I go and open the driver's door under that time frame, there is no noise generated from that located. When the noise occurs, it only last 1-2 seconds and sounds like a rapid fire pellet pistol. Note: there is also a less sounding noise that comes from underneath the hood when I open the driver's door too. I plan on taking it to the dealership next week but would like to hear from someone who has experienced the same symptoms from their 2019 Lariat.
Thank you!

Last edited by Engineer4life; 09-07-2019 at 11:15 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 03-20-2020, 07:52 PM
Is your exhaust heat shield loose, and rattling at certain RPM's?...

Old 03-26-2020, 07:16 PM
Hi.....I ended up taking my Lariat to the dealership and was told the noise is coming from the electric fuel pump getting primed before the engine starts. Apparently, its new technology that provides quicker starts.
A quick question while I'm here to answering your question? Do you too have a 2019 Lariat; Super Crew cab? If you do, I have developed a noise (sounds like a metal to metal noise) while backing my truck out of the garage. It starts at the right/rear cab door and last until it gets to the front passenger door. I'm not hitting the garage door casing by no means, so this is certainly a concern of mind. I called the dealership and spoke to the Service Advisor and he could not provide me an answer, but said I needed to bring the truck in for diagnoses. Of course, I am not going to bring it in until this coronavirus social distancing restriction is lifted.

Quick Reply: noise coming from underneath running board