Don't wanna waste $200 on a Airaid?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2000, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Don't wanna waste $200 on a Airaid?

Well then check this out. My performance company(me, myself, and I as of now) Drem Motorsports will be putting out a FIPK as of NOW. I just finished the first one and it is slick. It is made of aluminized steel, and heavy duty heat and chemical resistant rubber. It has all the fittings for vaccuum and sensors, and comes with a K&N. This isn't something I just cooked up from scraps, this is equal or even better quality for at least half the price. I will have photos as soon as I can snap some pics. For now they come in silver with black boots and a white D logo. I will soon have them in any ford body color(to match your truck!) and any color you wish. I will have one on my truck. The est. price will be around $75. I am not in the market to make a huge profit. Just trying to help out my sport-

Old 11-22-2000, 11:15 PM
Thumbs up

NOS,
Keep me up to date!!! Thanks, Doc

------------------
2000 F-150 4x4
4.2L, 5-speed,
3.55 Limited Slip,
reg. cab, short bed,
Pioneer DEH-P4000 CD,
Tinted windows,
17" ORP wheels,
Fog Lights,
265/70-17 GY RT/S
Delta toolbox
Super-flip-chipped
Tow Hooks
...much more to come....

Wife: 2000 Ranger Trailhead Package
Black & Tinted
5-spd, CD, A/C,
16" 4x4 wheels/tires, 4x4 susp.,
Westin nerf bars

Old 11-22-2000, 11:18 PM
I'm interested in hearing more and seeing pics too!

Old 11-22-2000, 11:19 PM
I'm interested...could we get it without a K&N..for those of us who already spent the 50 bucks buying the thing

Old 11-22-2000, 11:40 PM
I'll try to get pics up by early next week because I have a hellacious workload this weekend. Yes, it will be available with or without K&N. I will also have it available to match the upcoming TB's and it can come with upgraded and pre-programed MAF meters....as far as the direct replacement K&N's, I am currently working on a quality adaptor plate for the MAF meter. I will see about having them put in the online store here. -Dan

Old 11-22-2000, 11:49 PM
Talking

Yes I would like to see pics of this new product for myself... since I'm considering giving up my airaid for the Airforce One...

------------------
99' Ford F150 XL Sport
(Black) V-6 3.55 manual
Mods:
Airaid, Bosch +4 Plat.
Dynomax Ultraflow SI/DO
Color Keyed Carpet
AVS Headlight covers
AVS Bugdeflector II
Lund Wiper Cowl
Lund Tinted Glass
Lund Soft Bed Cover
V-tech Taillight covers

Old 11-23-2000, 11:50 AM
What is your estimate in getting these things into production?

Trending Topics

Old 11-23-2000, 01:16 PM
I can start the first run around Thursday of next week. I will take orders via E-mail. Once payment is recieved then the product will be overnighted(included in cost). It may take some time for my air filters and some other select items which I don't produce(clamps,gromets-etc.) but that shouldn't be more than 3 business days. I'm just getting started so there may be some timing glitches-but I will do my best.

Old 11-23-2000, 03:13 PM
Do you think you can get it on the online shopping board...to make payments easier and more secure? Post some photos when you get a chance

Old 11-23-2000, 03:46 PM
upgraded and preprogrammed maf meters? Tell me more.Is it a mustang on that you are adapting to out trucks?

Old 11-24-2000, 07:32 PM
Thumbs up

AHHHHHH! Leave the colors to the ricers! It's a 4.2 anyway...nobody's gonna ask you to pop your hood! LOL

For real..it't good to see that people don't pay for that "professionally made" crap. Most of them are WAAAAAY overpriced and look like they were welded by a 12 year old. Good stuff...post some pics. JUST NO COLOR!

DUCK

Old 11-24-2000, 08:01 PM
Duck,
by the time spring rolls around, my 4.2 will be putting out around 270hp at the flywheel.I am sure some people will want to see under the hood of a V-6 truck that just whipped em.

Old 11-24-2000, 08:53 PM
lightningcrashz-I'm awaiting meters for our trucks. Although I have made intakes for mustangs(foxes and sn-95's, v8's,6's, and 4's) this will be made from scratch. I'm haveing a bit of trouble figuring out how I want to mount the MAF meter to the OEM replacement K&N. A clamp on filter would work best, but I am still working on a few details.

As far as the color issue , it doesn't look rice. It's not the chromy/anodized crap. It just matches your paint on the truck. Looks very sharp IMO. I am so far anti-rice that this was seriously considered before going ahead. If you wanna get an idea of what it looks like, picture the airaid, no silly logo, silicone/rubber connectors in black, a sil/rub. 90* elbow, and it's 3.5" inside diameter, and include in the picture a reciept that says "thank you very much-dan" and a price tag thatis less than half of the airaid.. There are ports for the vaccum hose, and I am debating whether or not to move the ACT sensor. I am desparately trying to get some pics, but I have to go get my digi camera from Tulsa(45 min away) and I'm so busy it's crazy. I'll also have a flow number for you........

Old 11-24-2000, 09:06 PM
Wink

Well gentelmen, looks like christmas will be here early!! WWWAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!! ILUVNOS, I knew there was a reason that I was waiting to do all this stuff. I know this is a stretch and all, but do you think you could work up something for a 2000 Ranger 4.0 V6 (my DADS). I would love to get him one for christmas. Thanks for lookin out for us.

------------------
1997 F150 4.2 4x2 X-CAB Flareside Black
With all of that out of the way, lets get to the good stuff:
STEREO: Special thanks to Josh & Popps @ www.radio-active.org [*]H/Unit SONY Xplod ES CDX-M750[*] F/Speakers Rockford's Fanatic Q Components FNQ2514[*] R/Speakers Rockford's FRC1257 5x7[*] Sub:PheonixGold XS 10" in prefab box under bench seat w/o lift.[*] Memphis Amp ST3004 with front channels running seperates and rear channel running the sub. 5x7 running off H/U
Under D'Hood:[*] Only a K&N filter.
Its lame, you have to start somewhere right? Trust me, I dream BIG.
On D'Skin:[*] Bug Deflector[*] One Vent Visior, other fell off[*] windshield sticker for www.radio-active.org [*] Hyperwhite headlight bulbs[*] Clear quarter & back glass for an even tint. Thanks Progressive![*] Custom door dings from some A$$HOLE in a parking lot on both sides.
At the moment I am running pretty stock on the outside, but the truck is clean and I have even BIGGER ideas for the outside. SC just got one step closer a lottery so maybe there is still hope.
LINKS:
www.radio-active.org
www.roadarmor.com I said I have big dreams right?
www.nookie.com

Old 11-25-2000, 07:39 AM
I want PICS!!!!!

------------------
99' Ford F150 XL Sport
(Black) V-6 3.55 manual
Mods:
Airaid, Bosch +4 Plat.
Dynomax Ultraflow SI/DO
Color Keyed Carpet
AVS Headlight covers
AVS Bugdeflector II
Lund Wiper Cowl
Lund Tinted Glass
Lund Soft Bed Cover
V-tech Taillight covers

Quick Reply: Don't wanna waste $200 on a Airaid?