Any volunteers??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2000, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Any volunteers??

Guys i am looking for somebody with access to a machine shop to make the brackets and mounts for a supercharger, i e-mailed powerdyne and they said, that the engine doesnt have enough merit and i asked vortech and they didnt even respond, so, i guess we are on our own with this. Any volunteers to make hardware for the superchargers? i know everybody out there wants one,

Old 11-17-2000, 12:33 AM
We really need to get an honest count of who is ready to buy, wants to buy, and might buy within a year or so. If we could mayvbe we could approach a manufacturer with some info and leverage our position.
Didn't someone on this site ( a while back )custom fit his own brackets?

maybe get the specs from them.

Old 11-17-2000, 12:53 AM
Lets not forget about the guys at autoperformance.net.But if you are serious about doing this blower thing, I would think that one made for the 3.8 v6 mustangs would adapt more easily than anything else out there.These are pretty much the same motor. Yes someone did do his own blower and mike troyer is the man to talk to,if you want info.
I just had a thought(bear with me).If you are gonna go through all this,why not turbocharge it instead.Aren't turbos more efficient than blowers.I have heard of speed shops doing their own custom applications of turbos on unlikely motors.

[This message has been edited by lightningcrashz (edited 11-17-2000).]

Old 11-17-2000, 03:37 AM
Turbo lag,

takes lot more RPMS to build up boost.
Our engines make power at highe rpms already. We really benifit more from lower rpm boost of a supercharger

I wish XanMAN would have posted some more info on his setup, I wonder what happened to him?

Old 11-17-2000, 04:47 AM
Talking

Hey guys, count me in on the S/C.Ive been waiting on the S/C for my truck for a while now. Could we get some numbers on how many other people want the same and send them the various S/C manufactures? Just a thought.

Old 11-17-2000, 06:17 AM
XanMan did post some details. The bracket mounts right behind the PS pump. The bracket is made out of 1/8 or 1/4 metal.

His truck is a single cab, 4x4 with big tires on it. He said he could EASILY spin them.

------------------
1999 F150 XLT, V6, S/C, nothing important done yet.

Old 11-17-2000, 07:52 AM
Joshman, did he ever post pics of it or his truck?

Same here, Reg Cab 4x4, with soon to have even Bigger tires.

Whatever happened to him? havn't seen anything in a long time.

Trending Topics

Old 11-17-2000, 03:54 PM
Turbo Lag? I don't have no stinkin turbo lag. Give me turbos! I'll just use the nitrous to kick start

Either way, sign me up for the supercharger.

Old 11-17-2000, 04:37 PM
JDm
I would love a supercharger for my truck but i need to a figure on how much itt will cost so i can save my money( since im only 17 and have no steady income).

Old 11-17-2000, 06:27 PM
Same here JDM. Im 19 and in college so money is an issue. I think im going to wait for autoperformance.net. They are going to test their setup first with a project truck. So let them make the mistakes. They told me early 2001....so ill just wait. Like to see how your trucks turn out though. Good luck. XanMan use to be a frequent visitor wonder what happened.

------------------

Website www.angelfire.com/de2/6inafseries

98 XL 4.2L
Black/Silver
Shortbed
5-speed
-Pendaliner bedliner
-SlimTop flushmount tonneau
-ASP underdrive pulley
-Gibson split duals
-Clarion CD player
-Belltech 2/2 drop.(Springs, shocks,and shackles)Not installed yet.

Soon to come ....
-3.73's
-Autometer Tach and Pod
-Autoperformance.net superchager kit (vortech)

Go RYR -Jarrett/Rudd

[This message has been edited by Andrew Fseries (edited 11-17-2000).]

Old 11-17-2000, 07:01 PM
Wow...good to see some other fellow yougnings on the board...17 myself. Anyone got ideas on how much a superchargers costs...id: autoperformance.nets one or at least the mustang 3.8 one cause if im not mistaken they are the same motor except one got stroked a bit. And anyone know when autoperformance net is suppose to be done?

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Things to come: coil spacers, 4.10 gears, Grill
ilmagill@aol.com For Pictures :
www.geocities.com/ilmagill

Old 11-17-2000, 09:37 PM
hey guys, it would be great to have a supercharger for our trucks and yes a turbo charger would be cool, but i was talking to a turbo manufacturer and he said really the only way to benifit is a twin turbo setup and our engines dont make enough backpressure at the lower rpms to spin them fast enough to get good boost, so he said to go with a low psi supercharger with our stock bottom end and it would be the most efficient and cost effective.

Old 11-17-2000, 10:05 PM
oops nevermind

Old 11-17-2000, 10:37 PM
Hey lets not bring up the age thing.I am getting close to the big 30(2 1/2 shorrt years left) after that it is all down hill.
Twin Turbos really ?Thats interesting
You guys should go to www.rpm-mustangs.com click on his project cars,then click on the 83 mustang and read plans for it.It involves our 4.2 and some heavy modification of it(including a turbo).I emailed them a few questions about what they want to do.Always learning something new.I will post my questions along with their reply as soon as they email me.

Old 11-17-2000, 11:09 PM
Wow that was a quick reply. Here is what he had to say
"the 4.2 truck and the 99-00 3.8 heads are identical.the only difference and reason why the 94-98 v6 vortech kit(supercharger) won't bolt right up to a 4.2 truck is the piping.you have an upper intake manifold that points the throttle body forward.99 v6 mustangs have the throttle body pointing to the passengers side fenderwell.Some custom fabbing and tubing could easily be done. some v6 mustang guys swapped to the 4.2 truck upper so that they could have easier piping for the intercooler(in front of thier radiator).The block is essentially the same as the 3.8v6 mustangs,so many 3.8 parts work on the 4.2.If you have any more questions shoot em my way."
Interesting to say the least. Might shoot him another email asking about the turbo he plans on using.

Quick Reply: Any volunteers??