V-6

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V-6

I have a V-6 and want to know what I can do to get more horsepower.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Cold air intake
Less restrictive exhaust
Underdrive pulleys
Superchip

Old 01-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Young Trucker
I have a V-6 and want to know what I can do to get more horsepower.

Wait. STOMPTHECHEVY will be here shortly and tell you all you need to know.

Old 01-20-2006, 01:13 AM
I will list them in what seemed to do the most for my truck; Superchips programmer by far was tops, Magnaflow exhaust regardless of what anyone says (Ford claims the Crown Vic gains 15hp by going from single to duals so you figure out the rest), electric fans, underdrive pulley or Mac intake next your choice, port/polish and half shaft the throttle body but only noticeable at around 3800 rpm and up, Accell 9000 wires and Iriduim plugs couldn't really say they did anything but made me feel better after installing them. Don't scrimp on exhaust, fans or computor tuning. Hope that helps you.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by bratman2
I will list them in what seemed to do the most for my truck; Superchips programmer by far was tops, Magnaflow exhaust regardless of what anyone says (Ford claims the Crown Vic gains 15hp by going from single to duals so you figure out the rest), electric fans, underdrive pulley or Mac intake next your choice, port/polish and half shaft the throttle body but only noticeable at around 3800 rpm and up, Accell 9000 wires and Iriduim plugs couldn't really say they did anything but made me feel better after installing them. Don't scrimp on exhaust, fans or computor tuning. Hope that helps you.
Yep, if I had to do it all over again, I would have started with the chip.

Instead I started with the Airaid/AF1 and then sort of lost interest in making mine go fast.

From what I've seen from a few colleagues of mine, a chip should come first, CAI and exhaust second, and e-fans third. These 3 alone will make your truck plenty fast.

I'm not a fan of pulleys because I've heard way too many bad things about them, but they can do a lot if you have the right one. I'd personally rank this as an "optional fourth."

Don't waste your money on throttle body spacers. IF you notice ANY kind of difference AT ALL with a throttle body spacer, it's probably because you're going faster because your wallet is slightly thinner from having wasted the money on it.

Wait - you ARE ready to give up your warranty, right? Because if you blow the engine and/or tranny with a chip or pulley, it's bye bye warranty.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:22 PM
I say skip anything that you will upgrade eventually. Research a turbo kit and buy 60# injectors, 105mm MAF, ported and polished heads, a matching cam, forged rotating assembly, ARP studs, OBX intercooler, and have a blast

Garrett

Quick Reply: V-6