Farewell to Arms

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farewell to Arms

Howdy V-6'rs.

Its been a while since I participated on the board here. I have been busy and my truck was running fine and I hadn't been working any V-6 issues for anyone.

I will still help any I can but I need to let you guys know that I am the proud owner of a 5.4 equipped 2001 now.

It wasn't a planned thing, but as it turned out I am very glad I got the truck. I just did 2000 miles in it and I am very happy to report a mileage of 18.2 MPG at 75 MPH. That is far better than I ever got with my V-6 so I was delighted at that.

Don't get me wrong I still think that little V-6 is a good engine and I will be glad to help with the leak issues that are common to the 97s and 98s, but so far I must say I am very pleased at the manners of the new 5.4.

Its a completely different truck to get used to as far as where the engine likes to be.

So drop me a line if I can help, and don't worry I still help the V-6'rs out when I can.

I'll pop in from time to time, but will be over at the V-8 side more likely now.

Last edited by TallTomG; 09-28-2003 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Tom,theres a guy here that might want that 4.2 you got.I posted that I would try to get ahold of you.

Quick Reply: Farewell to Arms