red_neck_3
4.68%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Truck of the Month - December 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
cletusjermal: You can't vote for yourself buddy...

I was also thinking about ways to spice up TOTM. How about a POTM, which is just a straight up Photo of the Month. It should probably include an F150 somewhere, but it would be geared more toward interesting locations, props, activities, etc. Any interest in something like that?

- NCSU
Ooo I like that a lot. It shouldn't matter much on the truck's custom level but rather how the truck is placed in the photo and the creativity of the photo as a whole.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Exactly.

Oh yeah, no PhotoShopping either!

- NCSU

Old 12-10-2009, 10:08 AM

Yup... no enhancements... should just be a raw picture of appropriate size.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Thats kinda what I was going for with my picture for TOTM. That's outside the NC State football stadium. On the left is the wolf statue and on the right is the Murphy Center.

My wolf badges are based on an old NCSU logo, so I thought it'd be cool to have a picture of the truck there. Once I took that pic (bad one really, truck's not even clean, but I only had 30 min to get the camera and take the pic) I got to thinking there are probably other cool photo ops out there and that could make a fun contest here.

- NCSU

Old 12-10-2009, 10:20 AM

Yeah I agree... I hope it is considered

Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Different types of contest and TOTM variants are a great idea, and could make for a lot of fun. BUT, We can't even go one TOTM without childish argueing, and insults. So, I doubt the mods are going to be spending more time making up new contest until some people grow up around here.
I usually don't even read the post any more in the TOTM b/c it's all just a bunch of complaining about too many lifted trucks, competition isn't fair b/c of this ______, and, "why wasn't I picked?". If we could even go one month without all this, then I think the mods would be more likely to start different stuff.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by JNC995
Different types of contest and TOTM variants are a great idea, and could make for a lot of fun. BUT, We can't even go one TOTM without childish argueing, and insults. So, I doubt the mods are going to be spending more time making up new contest until some people grow up around here.
I usually don't even read the post any more in the TOTM b/c it's all just a bunch of complaining about too many lifted trucks, competition isn't fair b/c of this ______, and, "why wasn't I picked?". If we could even go one month without all this, then I think the mods would be more likely to start different stuff.
You are a wise man.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Perhaps a POTW(eek) instead. Have a thread where anyone who wants to submit a photo can post it in that's week's thread. 1 picture per member, then the following week, we vote on all the previous week's entries. Very little for the mods to do, no prizes, no icons. Just a bunch of cool photos! (hopefully )

- NCSU

Old 12-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
cletusjermal: You can't vote for yourself buddy...

I was also thinking about ways to spice up TOTM. How about a POTM, which is just a straight up Photo of the Month. It should probably include an F150 somewhere, but it would be geared more toward interesting locations, props, activities, etc. Any interest in something like that?

- NCSU
That could be fun.
Although with the new rules for next month, Id rather not add anything else too fast! I'm gonna be confused as much as it is!
Maybe February?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockpick
PLEASE READ!!!!!!
Change to TOTM for Jan 2010

Effective with the December 2009 TOTM contest, nominees for the next months' TOTM contest will be randomly selected from good-standing members that have voted within the previous month. In short, we want you to vote and we want you to participate within the thread. Based upon the folks who participate within the thread, we (the staff) will select 5 candidates. We will confirm that you, as a member, voted in the previous TOTM contest; from there, we will consider you as a candidate.

The nuts and bolts of it is this -- vote & participate and you can be the TOTM for the next month!!
Just curious about something RP...

Do the good standing members that have voted in the previous months TOTM competition have to have a photo album in order to be chosen for the new TOTM competitions?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Stealth
Just curious about something RP...

Do the good standing members that have voted in the previous months TOTM competition have to have a photo album in order to be chosen for the new TOTM competitions?
Not RP, but I will offer my thoughts. I don't see it as a requiremnet per se, but it will be hard to know what the truck looks like unless there is one. There may be a few that have posted pictures that are remembered and could be selected from that. It is really no different now, as the person picking nominees has had to use the albums pretty extensively to make their choices.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bluejay
Not RP, but I will offer my thoughts. I don't see it as a requiremnet per se, but it will be hard to know what the truck looks like unless there is one. There may be a few that have posted pictures that are remembered and could be selected from that. It is really no different now, as the person picking nominees has had to use the albums pretty extensively to make their choices.
So maybe it should state good standing members with a truck photo album who have voted in the previous month's TOTM contest. That would clear it up a little. Just a thought.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Stealth
So maybe it should state good standing members with a truck photo album who have voted in the previous month's TOTM contest. That would clear it up a little. Just a thought.
Only if it is decided to make it a "requirement". Obviously, there has to be pictures seen, it could be in a thread, just not likely.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bluejay
Only if it is decided to make it a "requirement". Obviously, there has to be pictures seen, it could be in a thread, just not likely.
OK, I understand.

Just want to make sure everyone wants to get their fair chance.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Azblu
I propose a secondary contest...Pick the top 5 "waaaa, my truck/model/color/style wasn't picked for the TOTM contest" whiners and they can battle it out for the "also ran" trophy...
I've already won that reward.

I have $100 that says the black lifted truck wins.

Quick Reply: Truck of the Month - December 2009