Truck of the Month - December 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. I voted for the black one.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sitting this one out.

Last edited by Stealth; 12-10-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: :-)
Old 12-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by madmaxwell87
cletus-gota represent the 97-03's
ding, ding, ding

Oh and by the way, If I won, which I know I wouldn't even be nominated, I would I would only pick 97-03 trucks. I would do this becuase I like them more, I have one and this site was build around this truck. So eat it, you whiners.

Last edited by FX41; 12-09-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

When I was first scrolling through the pics, I also thought the variety was pretty absent. But then I read FX4chick's explanation and it all made sense. Think about it: if there was a lowered 97-03, a lifted 97-03, a lifted black 04-08, a lowered 04-08, and a lifted 09+, it would just be a "who likes this body style best" contest. That's probably why the totm's have not been close - because if there's only one lifted 04-08, its pretty much guaranteed a win because its the only one for voters to choose. But this way, we have to look at the differences between the lifted 04-08s. I've voted for the only 97-03 before just because it was the only 97-03 to choose from (stupid reason looking back...i know lol)
Gives me an idea/suggestion for totm contests...maybe there could be a theme each month? Like "This month's theme: street trucks" or "This month's theme: offroad trucks" and so on...with different colors, cab configs, etc...
To add: my choice was Zeruin - I really like the way your truck flows well. :cheers:

Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Decided on cletusjermal.

Last edited by Darth Bama; 12-09-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Thought it was best...
Old 12-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jd2518
Apparently the powers that be seem to agree with those of us who find this month dully boring for the lack of options (not saying they aren't nice trucks) ....i compare it to going to watch a football game and when you get there, you realize it's the intersquad scrimmage...'.all from the same team' so to speak....disappointing that there isn't more diversity in the contest
You're exactly WRONG here, jd. This decision was made before we even had pictures in hand for this month's contest. Before you spout off, make sure you UNDERSTAND how this works and how it doesn't have to work due to commentation such as yours. It's disappointing to devote time to this site - unpaid - and have individuals, such as yourself, go totally against the grain for no other reason other than wanting to see themselves talk on the internet.

Originally Posted by jd2518
I PICK THE BLACK ONE!!!!....who the hell made these picks???....thanks for the wide spectrum of options!! I'm boycotting this month!! No vote from me!!
That's fantastic... oddly enough, it's YOU AGAIN with another comment so that you can hear yourself talk. If this is so bad and you're so opposed to how it's being handled, go find somewhere else to spout off your immaturity. I, for one, don't give of my time here because of folks like you who are an anomaly to the paradigm that we've long since established at f150online.com.

Originally Posted by mixedbreed
guess i wont be voting... all 4X4 trucks?? really?? rediculous...

i find it hard to believe that with everyone who voted last month, we have these trucks randomly picked.. to those nominted, Please do not take this as your trucks are not nice looking examples or almost the same (set up) for that matter, but this is just the worst idea so far... FX4chick couldnt make her mind up?
Read, mixed. Next months' contest will have the random selection. These were FX4's picks, the staff approved them, and now we're voting. If you have a significant problem with how it's being run, please refer to my direction to JD above.

I'm tired of this, guys. Every single month some of you have nothing better to do but bitch and moan about how things are horrible and how you don't like it. It's very simple on what those of you who continually rock the boat, **** on the sunshine, and make something that should be a positive for the site into a negative should do...

All of that said, I'm done with the negativity, the bashing, the immaturity, and the lack of common and decent respect for other members and the staff here. I'm not going to further tolerate it within the TOTM threads. After this month, you all can take it up with us, as the staff, directly if you feel that you've been wronged or if it's going in a direction other than what YOU feel it should go. As many will note, we listen to our membership here and take things in to account for the betterment of the site. Of course, our opinion of your opinion may not be exactly the same but, if we can take something, mold it slightly different and turn it into a positive for what we believe is the majority of the site; we'll typically do that.

FX4's comments earlier are spot on. These were her choices as it's her prerogative to be able to do this for the next month. We **FULLY** support her decisions to have nominated the above 5 trucks and think, quite frankly, that it's a great selection -- otherwise, we would've forced other selections or taken it over on our own. I'm VERY tired of the bashing... those of you who have said what you want to say, it's on the record but, from here forth, I'm not going to tolerate it.

Further negative accolades about this topic should either be directed DIRECTLY to me via IM or over to the site owners (Internet Brands); not within this thread. The responses from here forward shall be about the trucks for TOTM; not because you disagree with how we move from here.

-RP-

Old 12-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I like how this month is set up, cause it will be much closer in votes cause like someone said its not about which body style or look, now it comes down to detail and what makes these very similar yet very different truck unique.. good job FX4 and all you people just crying cause your not TOTM then here is website that you can b*tch on its called **************, I have always liked this site cause its regulated and people dont bash other peoples thoughts or ideas and think there cool trash talking on the internet, its nice knowing that when you post something you will get valid answers back. Stickin it the man ROCKPICK pretty hard huh? haha

Old 12-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Idnc76 got my vote! Great looking truck!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:35 PM
everyone just needs to calm down, it is a poll on a truck forum. for crying out loud. you aren't going to die if your truck never gets nominated or wins, end of story.

my vote goes to IDNC76, allthough i wish yours would have gotten nominated once you get the 38's. it's going to be sick.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Great nominations this month. Really makes you have to look at the details. I'm still pondering on this myself. Good luck to all nominees, their all sweet trucks.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I don't mind that they are all black trucks! But normally I only vote Republican!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I voted for red_neck_3 beautiful truck

Im personally not partial to the all black look as IMO it takes some contrast in colors to set a truck apart from the rest....not just mods. But I can definitely appreciate the work people put in and the pride taken in it. All very nice
F150s for sure

Old 12-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ncsu gets my vote, while they are all sweet trucks, i love that harley grille and those badges!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Cletus gets my vote. Very Very intresting month.

I like this concept of having a group of trucks that look similiar to the naked eye. This makes the members dig deeper! Great job Fx4chick.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like black trucks, so I'll have to stew on this one before voting. I think most of these guys have influenced my truck in the past.

FX4Chick--nice picks!

Quick Reply: Truck of the Month - December 2009