Old 02-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great idea! cant wait to see some of the trucks that we get to vote for

Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RJaeger
great idea! cant wait to see some of the trucks that we get to vote for
They're up! Look at the other thread in this forum!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool guys!! Good luck!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:51 PM
This is a great idea and I look forward to putting in my votes!

Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM
RP - I agree with esf on this one. Its not something I personally would have a problem with at all. I could see people voting for the "leader" or "popular" vote, because they could see who voted for him, and the whole sheep mentaility takes over.

Or if I am good friends with X. His truck is up for voting. But truck Y is much better. I wont vote for the one I like better, but simply my "e-friend" because I don't want to hurt his feelers. So then, it becomes who has the most friends. Maybe allow the mods to see who is voting for who, to keep it honest. But for the general public, just have a tally count ?

I dunno, again, nothing big to ME at all. I just can think of a number of members here who could get "upset" and what not, and start childish pissing matches. Stuff that could just be avoided if its private. I can see no downside to private. Vote for who you want, know one knows. Think about it when you were a little kid. You had to put your head down and close your eyes to vote for anything, that way you couldn't see the "cool" vote, but rather voted how you felt.

Treat a person with respect, treat groups of people like children.
I dunno, I would hope there isn't an issue on this site at all.... but I know you are already busy as is, trying to cut back some of your work for ya !

Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone that complains after all the hard work from our volunteer mods to get this going needs to be shot in the foot.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
MT, it's obvious you see the site differently than we do. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:18 PM
If you get your panties in a bunch cause your "e-friend" voted for somebody else, you've got some issues then...

Old 02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
If you get your panties in a bunch cause your "e-friend" voted for somebody else, you've got some issues then...

Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
<snip>
I dunno, I would hope there isn't an issue on this site at all.... but I know you are already busy as is, trying to cut back some of your work for ya !
With all due respect, I think this has been a big success. If folks get twisted about someone not voting for them; they had no business being in our competition as they DO NOT represent what this is all about. Most all of the folks here are adults - or, rather, at least they could walk into a Seven Eleven and buy a pack of Salems - if someone gets their panties in a bunch about how a vote went... well, geesh, they've got way bigger problems than worrying about a vote or three.

So, again, everything said I'm saying is said with respect but, I 110% disagree with your assessment and further don't give a flip if one of the candidates have their feelings hurt because they didn't get a vote or three that they feel as though they should've had because they were 'buds' with someone who voted for someone else. Further, I'd be absolutely appalled - and would show very little restraint with disciplinary action - with an 'adult' that would cause 'problems' here because they didn't win.

I see no reason to modify the paradigms that are being established with this HUGELY SUCCESSFUL first TOTM contest. It's that simple.

-RP-

Old 02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
esf
Originally Posted by Rockpick

So, again, everything said I'm saying is said with respect but, I 110% disagree with your assessment and further don't give a flip if one of the candidates have their feelings hurt because they didn't get a vote or three that they feel as though they should've had because they were 'buds' with someone who voted for someone else. Further, I'd be absolutely appalled - and would show very little restraint with disciplinary action - with an 'adult' that would cause 'problems' here because they didn't win.
I had to read that one a couple times.

Otherwise...

Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
$20 says its had more offroad time that both the lifted trucks in the running...

$50 says its had more air time than all of the trucks in the running

$100 says it has more miles than any of the trucks in the running

By the end of summer I might take bet #1 , but not the other 2

Thank you Mods, This is a cool addition to the site, and I am honored just to be nominated.

Hats off to you all... all the trucks here rock

Old 02-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Awesome! I look forward to seeing this each month
Thanks Rockpick and the others who have helped set this up!

Last edited by 07FX4Chick; 02-26-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:00 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
RP - I agree with esf on this one. Its not something I personally would have a problem with at all. I could see people voting for the "leader" or "popular" vote, because they could see who voted for him, and the whole sheep mentaility takes over.

Or if I am good friends with X. His truck is up for voting. But truck Y is much better. I wont vote for the one I like better, but simply my "e-friend" because I don't want to hurt his feelers. So then, it becomes who has the most friends. Maybe allow the mods to see who is voting for who, to keep it honest. But for the general public, just have a tally count ?

I dunno, again, nothing big to ME at all. I just can think of a number of members here who could get "upset" and what not, and start childish pissing matches. Stuff that could just be avoided if its private. I can see no downside to private. Vote for who you want, know one knows. Think about it when you were a little kid. You had to put your head down and close your eyes to vote for anything, that way you couldn't see the "cool" vote, but rather voted how you felt.

Yea, I really don't think the childish feelers applies. I can see friends voting for friends, but what are you going to do? There's not enough of that to matter here IMO.

If you feel you can't vote for the ride you like most, then why vote? Idunno, seems like that would take the fun out of it.

I think it's going well, - enjoying keeping tabs on it. Looks like someone's running away with it tho lol.

Last edited by jbrew; 02-26-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Originally Posted by Rockpick
With all due respect, I think this has been a big success. If folks get twisted about someone not voting for them; they had no business being in our competition as they DO NOT represent what this is all about. Most all of the folks here are adults - or, rather, at least they could walk into a Seven Eleven and buy a pack of Salems - if someone gets their panties in a bunch about how a vote went... well, geesh, they've got way bigger problems than worrying about a vote or three.

I see no reason to modify the paradigms that are being established with this HUGELY SUCCESSFUL first TOTM contest. It's that simple.

-RP-
First and most importantly, I agree 100%.

Just figured I'd bring it up I guess. Maybe I felt it was overlooked. It simply stood out to me, thats all. Honestly am very happy with the stance your taking on this one.

Originally Posted by jbrew
Yea, I really don't think the childish feelers applies. I can see friends voting for friends, but what are you going to do? There's not enough of that to matter here IMO.

If you feel you can't vote for the ride you like most, then why vote? Idunno, seems like that would take the fun out of it.

I think it's going well, - enjoying keeping tabs on it. Looks like someone's running away with it tho lol.
i have already givin praise to the mods for this. i am excited and happy its happening. I am stoked to see me proven wrong. Looks like this is going very well, and hopefully will be around awhile.

MT, it's obvious you see the site differently than we do. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
well put

Quick Reply: The Rules for Truck of the Month