are all e4od's the same?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 11:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First, WELCOME to F150online!

There have been many revisions of the E4OD transmission over the years. As you have already discovered, the simple answer to your question is no- they are not all the same.

When searching for parts, it's unlikely that a specific ID will be helpful. Most parts "books" go off general info such as year, make, model, etc. You may want to find out if the filter you purchased is for a particular model/year and use that reference when purchasing parts.

Old 12-31-2000, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question are all e4od's the same?

I have a 96 f350 4x4 with e4od trans, and a 5.8L windsor. I recently did a fluid change on the trans and had problems finding the right filter. Where can I find an ID on this trans for future reference?

Old 01-01-2001, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In any given model year there are several different models of 4R100, this year there are about 30. If you get me the number code on the drivers side ID tag (the two digit code, larger than all the rest, a '00 Lighjtning is "1S"), I'll get you the Proper part number for the filter. The tag is just in front of the extension housing, drivers side, has about 5 lines of codes, but the ID code is the big one, you'll know which one i mean when you see the tag.

G

G

Quick Reply: are all e4od's the same?