TSB 99 14 sticker on 2001 auto SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2000, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down TSB 99 14 sticker on 2001 auto SuperCrew

Slid under the new truck this morning, noticed a blue sticker on the transmission pan. It said Canada and US dealers refer to 4r70w (I think thats right) transmission exchange program before repair. And referred to the supject TSB number. Glad Ford has faith in the product.

Old 07-13-2000, 07:52 PM
This has already been addressed...look in this message boards back a few months. The only difference seems to be that your sticker is blue instead of green.

This is part of Ford's SPC quality contol efforts. They tag a certain run of transmissions so that if they fail, they can dsassemble them and find out what happened. Since they know what run that these transmission were made in they can determine if the problem is design related or related to manufacturing methods.

This works out to the benefit for all. You get a brand-new trans if yours fails (instead of having joe-blow mechanic try to rebuild it) and new truck buyers get a better product.

I wonder why every one seems to think that this is the sign of "lack of faith" in the product?

[This message has been edited by RPFB (edited 07-13-2000).]

Old 07-13-2000, 08:09 PM
Thanks. I didn't know TSB's were used for anything other than identifying problems and providing repair procedures. Have not seem them used for tracking. You would think major components like motors transmissions and axles would be tracked internally. I would much rather have a new transmission than a Joe Blow modified version. I

Old 07-18-2000, 08:08 PM
They are "tracked internally" through statsistcal process control. The sticker is there so the mechanic will know that the transmission needs to be sent back if it has problems instead of being repaired

Quick Reply: TSB 99 14 sticker on 2001 auto SuperCrew