SHIFT KITS

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-1999, 03:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question SHIFT KITS

HI!... Has anyone installed a TRANS-GO mechanical shift kit on a "99" F-150 4x2 with the 4R70 tranny. If so can you please give me the part # and how much you paid for it. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-31-1999, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did one in my 97 and it cost $104.49 delivered from Summit. Took me overnight to do the install. I did part and went to bed; finished in the morning. The kit comes with a video so I put an old TV in the garage with the VCR. Rewind button got a workout.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, 4.6, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, ******* Bed Cover, Bed Liner, XL Full Length Running Boards, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs

Old 08-02-1999, 04:33 PM
Cool

HI!... Come on guys there has to be someone out there that has the part # for a TRANS-GO shift kit. All the performance shops around here can't seem to find the part # for the F-150 4x2 4R70 tranny. If someone still has the box or their bill will you please mention the part #. Any help is great, thanks.

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 3.55L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP (truck won't start,"DAM"!!, soon to be installed 4.10 gears.

Old 08-03-1999, 02:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neal,

Have you looked at www.txchange.com/transgo.htm?? They have the complete listings for Trans-Go. They might have what you're looking for.

Old 08-03-1999, 02:51 AM
Unhappy

HI!... Thanks V-10 MAN, I checked the TRANSGO site out and they don't show anything for the 4R70W tranny. I'll have to give them a call and see if they have one for my application.

------------------
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 3.55L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP (truck won't start,"DAM"!!, soon to be installed 4.10 gears.

Old 08-03-1999, 10:55 AM
The 4R70W is another name for AODE.

------------------
97 F-150,4.6, Reg Cab, Flareside, Air Aid Kit, TransGo Shift Kit,
Superchips, Gibson Single Cat Back, ******* Bed Cover,
EGR Bug Shield, XL Full Length Running Boards,
Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs

Old 08-03-1999, 06:00 PM
Question

HI!... Are you sure TELLENBERGER? I was also told that the E40D was the same tranny by a mechanic. I just want to make sure I get the right shift kit for the right tranny thr first time.

------------------

Old 08-03-1999, 06:36 PM
Hold tight for about 3 hours and when I get home from work I will post the part number from the box my kit came in.

My kit was a newer improved version that TransGo had shipped. Some of the pieces in the box were different than the video. Actually simpler to install and I used all of the pieces. If you read Mike Troyers post he said he just went to a certain stage on the install.

------------------

Old 08-03-1999, 07:02 PM
Neal

The part number will be posted in about 3 hours but I also did a little research while still at work.

Look at http://baumannengineering.com

scroll down the page and you will see AOD-E and 4R70W in the same paragraphs. The E40D is listed separately.

In fact you might want to contact these guys about their shift kit and whatever for the 4R70W. I spent over an hour one day just reading the info on their web site.

------------------

Old 08-03-1999, 07:24 PM
An E40D is more or less the same as the 4R100
the 4R70W is the AOD-E with a 2.76:1 first gear ratio

Old 08-03-1999, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Neal

I found the box the TransGo Kit came in...part number on the end of the box is PSK AODE. I'm sure the PSK is Performance Shift Kit. The instruction sheet inside the box says AODE & 4R70W Series A 1991-98.
Remember, this was bought in 98 so at that time there were no 99s. The Summit invoice has a part number of TRG-AODE, although the G could be an 0. It was printed with a dot matrix printer and not good quality.
If it helps have them search on invoice 9742892 dated 09/03/98. I paid 99.99 with 4.50 handling. Summits number is 800-230-3030. TransGo sales number is 626 443-4953 and tech line number is 626 443 7451.

Wow! Now you know as much as I do.

Good luck.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, 4.6, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, ******* Bed Cover, Bed Liner, XL Full Length Running Boards, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs

Old 08-04-1999, 12:03 AM
Cool

HI!... Thanks for the help guys! Can you imagine what this truck is going to shift like with the shift kit installed and the SUPERCHIP. WOW can hardly wait! Thanks again guys. Now if I could only get some answers to my questions in "QUESTIONS FOR MIKE" thread. HINT HINT WINK WINK8-)8-)

------------------

Old 08-04-1999, 01:13 AM
NEAL Let me know how it does shift I am very interested

------------------
97 F-150 4.6 auto, 4x2, 3.55 LS, trailer tow pkg, ABM with K&N, Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust.
Oh yeah, it's Oxford White with crome wheels, Legacy shell & custom grill.

Old 08-04-1999, 10:35 AM
I have both the shift kit and Superchip. Mike tried to talk me into deleting the part of their program that firmed up the shifts since I had done the TransGo kit prior to the Superchip purchase. I told him I wanted both and Iknew a chiropractor if it snapped my neck too bad .

Shift are firm and quick...not too harsh.

------------------

Old 08-04-1999, 09:34 PM
Question

HI!... TELLENBERGER how many shift firmness stages come in the TRANSGO shift kit?(tow, race, police/taxi) Witch stage did you use? Did you notice even firmer shifts after the SUPERCHIP was installed or about the same? Any info would be great thanks.

------------------

Quick Reply: SHIFT KITS