aftermarket manual shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question aftermarket manual shifter?

does anyone know of an aftermarket shifter for a late model 5 speed? im not talking a quick-shift, just something to replace the ugly black stock shifter. thanks!

Old 04-16-2002, 01:37 PM
shifter

hey just chrome plate your shifter it looks sweet
and easy i have a extra shifter i will sell you so you dont have to
take yours off while they chrome plate it
$50.00

Old 04-16-2002, 06:31 PM
You are not alone. There are a few of us here looking for a shifter. I would like a short throw shifter. I would like better performance. I have looked for anything for our trucks. I haven't even been able to find a shift lever. I guess there isn't enough of us 5-speeders to justify the effort of producing something for us.
I have been in contact with Hurst (Mr. Gasket Performance Group) and B&M reguarding shifters. There is no word as of yet. You could help the cause by sending them and e-mail letting them know what you are looking for.

Tom

Old 04-17-2002, 07:47 AM
wasnt someone supposed to go by there so they can get one going? i saw that in a thread a while back, but havent heard anything since...

Old 04-18-2002, 06:29 PM
I think there was someone from WV who was in contact with Mr. Gasket. He said that he was waiting for a date to go in. Is that person still here? What's up?

I sent Mr. gasket an e-mail a couple weeks ago. In the past they we good about responding. I have not heard back this time.
It's only been like a year since I first contacted Hurst. I wish this would come together soon though.

I guess there is a small percentage of F150's with the 5-speed. Of that there can only be a "handful" who would take atvantage of a shifter upgrade. I don't know. Maybe I will have to figure it out for myself.
I think I will try Mr. Gasket again!

Old 04-21-2002, 11:38 PM
I sent an email to Hurst a few days ago about a shifter and this was their response:
"Sir, sorry but Hurst does not offer a shifter for the '97-present trucks. There is no info at this time of when there will be a shifter available but there is one in the works."
BTW they responded to my email the next day!

Quick Reply: aftermarket manual shifter?