Am I Halucinating?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Am I Halucinating?

Or did I just pay just over $100 for 13 small springs and 3 drill bits, a non specific and old video of an old application and a Transgo sticker? Oh, and a couple of other parts that won't be used because for the most part, they're for another truck!

I know the answer to that! Now I'm off to source 13 springs and 3 drill bits to package in a little bag, write some "useful" instructions and sell it for about $25 and hold about a 350% GM. I'm going to be rich!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2001, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I honestly hope that the people who buy my shift kit don't feel this way when it arrives...

G

Old 12-12-2001, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, halucinating or not, I now have everything and I'm ready to go. Well except the Amsoil so I'll be doing a complete drain and refill as soon as it finally gets here (Amsoil got hit with a worm and were pretty much shut down for several days)

Got the Transgo ready, Ford pan with drain plug, filter, cheap ATF for now and I decided against the Sonnex for now. If I want to do more once I get this done, I'll go back and do it. I'm really hoping the kit will be enough.

Man I just don't want to take a bath in ATF. Oh well, I'm dropping the pan in a little while and will be getting everything ready. I may let it sit over night just to let most of the "dripping" finish.

I'll post the results!

::Added EDIT::
Ok, so it really is a breeze. I went ahead and dropped the VB and completed it tonight. I went with level 2 (V8/V10). I'm yanking it out again in the morning and going for more! I would say I got about 50% of what I expected. It shifts nice and clean, but 1-2 could be crisper. While I'm at it, I'll punch out 2-3 as well. It's much crisper that 1-2 now but I think it could go a little more. Hard/WOT isn't bad at all, actually a little soft, but much better than before.

I have to say, after doing this on level 2, I can appreciate even more, what the SuperChip does. I think if I went from stock to level 2 it would have been HUGE! But the chip really does make a big difference. Well we'll see what level 3 is like along with the chip.

By the way, mess, what mess? I was amazed at how simple this was. I'm just glad I installed a pan with a plug! It'll make dropping it in the morning much easier. And of course when the Amsoil gets here, that'll be a breeze, and by then with about 16 quarts of new AFT having been through it, it should be even cleaner. Oh ya, did I mention how surpised I was at how clean it was after hearing the nightmare stories about all the crap in some pans? Mine was really clean for 33000 miles.

Last edited by FamilyRide; 12-13-2001 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:15 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Am I Halucinating?

Originally posted by FamilyRide
Or did I just pay just over $100 for 13 small springs and 3 drill bits, a non specific and old video of an old application and a Transgo sticker?
You paid about $5 for the hardware, and $95 for the knowledge to develop the kit.

Could you produce a kit that works? Anyone can collect some parts and sell them, but to produce a kit that actually does something useful takes quite a bit of knowledge. That's what you are really paying for.

Mark

Quick Reply: Am I Halucinating?