Can a 4R70E be replaced with a 4R75e?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can a 4R70E be replaced with a 4R75e?

Can I replace the 4R70E in my 2005 4.6L 2wd with a 4R75E? Thanks!

Old 12-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, within the same year, not an issue.

On a side note, we've been discussing rebuilds, parts and procedures and the general quality of rebuilt units on Facebook a lot recently.

What I'm hearing is that there are very few shops that can get the job done to realistic customer satisfaction and a LOT of inferior parts being used that create a bunch of unnecessary failures that the customer has to deal with down the road. Jobs that are bid too low and parts that aren't replaced that should be just so the builder can sell a price instead of a product.

And, all of it lands on the customer.

Because of what I do and the groups I have started there, I get involved in a lot of these discussions. Many start by asking why to make a certain choice or not. The answer is in what works and what doesn't. Track record. Customer satisfaction. Who has been, and will be, there for you when and if you need them.

You can't put a price on that.

Do your homework and choose wisely.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Darrin Burch
Yes, within the same year, not an issue.

On a side note, we've been discussing rebuilds, parts and procedures and the general quality of rebuilt units on Facebook a lot recently.

What I'm hearing is that there are very few shops that can get the job done to realistic customer satisfaction and a LOT of inferior parts being used that create a bunch of unnecessary failures that the customer has to deal with down the road. Jobs that are bid too low and parts that aren't replaced that should be just so the builder can sell a price instead of a product.

And, all of it lands on the customer.

Because of what I do and the groups I have started there, I get involved in a lot of these discussions. Many start by asking why to make a certain choice or not. The answer is in what works and what doesn't. Track record. Customer satisfaction. Who has been, and will be, there for you when and if you need them.

You can't put a price on that.

Do your homework and choose wisely.
Does this happen to include the "sure cure kit"
I'm wishing I had time to do my homework.. Truck went down at a bad time for me right before Christmas with an important job on the line and no option for a rental. 5 days later it was rebuilt at the cost of 3,550 by a long standing shop and have had nothing but problems with it since and the same issues as before

Old 02-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I personally don't use those parts in what I do on these transmissions as I have never found thatt they are necessary to do the job right.

But, there are other transmissions that I use similar kits. Just not this one

D

Quick Reply: Can a 4R70E be replaced with a 4R75e?