4R75E quit on me!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4R75E quit on me!!

My trans started acting up a couple weeks ago. It started up when I was in stop and go traffic it would slip in first gear. When I stopped and then I stepped on the gas it would rev up and then slam into gear. I couldnt figure it out. It started to do it all the time a couple days later. No trans codes were set during this whole time. I took it to my brothers dealer and put the scanner on it. It finally flashed a code then. It said something about 1st gear ratio out of spec. Not really sure.They said it looked like the trans was about to crater itself. I took it out of the truck and pulled it apart last weekend. The fluid was a really dark purple almost. I found that the planetary gear support and reverse sun gear were grinding into each other. The rivets on the reverse sun gear were almost wore totally off. I have no idea why this happened. Has anyone had this happen to them? What do I have to do to fix this? Any suggestions will help. I got the whole transmission torn apart right now.

Quick Reply: 4R75E quit on me!!