1998 F150 Stuck in gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 F150 Stuck in gear

I have a 1998 Ford F150 4.2L V6 with the 4r70W transmission. My problem is the fluid and filter was changed in the transmission and then it was drove down the road ran great for about 5 miles and then it stopped pulling forward but reverse worked just fine, now sometimes I'll have reverse and not forward or sometimes I'll have forward and not reverse, and to make it even more complicated when I have one of the 2 gears thats all I have weather it be in reverse, neutral, or drive as long as the truck is running I shut it off and the truck will free roll in neutral like is should but then you may start it up and be suck in a different gear. There don't seem to be any one thing that I do that makes it be either in forward or reverse and it dont get stuck in that gear till I put the transmission in that gear like for instance if I start it up and put it in reverse and it dont do anything I go to neutral and it will free roll then I go to drive and it will engage in drive and pull forward and then if I go back to neutral or reverse the transmission will keep pulling forward till I put it in park and turn the motor off. Then it resets itself. Could this be electrical? Please Help!

Quick Reply: 1998 F150 Stuck in gear