neutral safety replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question neutral safety replacement

my 4r70w has been acting up, occasionally it seems to go neutral while driving (regardless of speed) delivering no power until i stomp on the gas and it kicks itself back in, i had a similar problem with my car a while back(which has the same tranny) i switched out the neutral safety switch and it ran like new, i was wondering if there would be any other cause for this problem and how to get the damn thing off my truck lol. i got the 2 bolts that hold it to the transmission and the wiring harness off but the bolt that holds the shift lever bracket to the transmission has me stumped. do i just turn it until it comes off or do i have to block it from turning with the bolt?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You just take that nut off and replace the switch. It can't keep turning unless there are bigger problems.

Just please make sure that you align the switch when you install it. There are neutral marks that have to line up with the tranmission in neutral or you will have other issues.

Darrin

Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright sweet, thanks, i just didn't want to mess anything up if i was supposed to block it off or something

Quick Reply: neutral safety replacement