Old 04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4R70W/4R75W = same pan ?

Well, title says it all.

Are they the same ? Work on either or ?

thanks guys

Old 04-17-2008, 05:56 PM
The Mag Hytech site shows the same pan you have, which is the DD pan I believe, to fit both the 70W and the 75W. So, I'd say yes to your question.

Next, let me ask you one. Is that a DD pan you have on your truck? Did you have any clearance issues with the crossmember? Looks like it could be a tight fit, if at all, on my Supercrew.

Has anyone put one of the DD pans on a Supercrew?

Thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
When I look under my trucks, the pans look the same to me.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Yes, I do have the DD pan, and no, no clearence issues, but like you said its a tight squeeze. Here you can see that it does not hang lower then the cross member either (something I was worried about)

here you can see its tight, but there is enough clearence for my comfort.

** I actually drove the truck to work today, so if ya want more pics, i can snap some real fast for you.

Fifty: thanks a lot ! Good find and interesting read. Good to know !

Old 04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Well, title says it all.

Are they the same ? Work on either or ?

thanks guys
What's up bro? What's this all about? You've already swapped out your OEM pan for the Mag-Hytec.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Na, its not for me, it was a question for a buddy of mine. I figured I'd get the answer quik if I posted here, sure enough.

No worries, keeping mine and loving it !

Old 04-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the pics, M.

The crossmember on your truck looks slightly different than mine does. 2003 Supercrew 4X4. Mine has a slight lip on the bottom. Hence my concern as to fit. Even if there is no clearence issue, and that appears to be the case, it looks like there'd be trouble getting to the back bolts because of the lip and the depth of the DD pan.

Anyone have experience with the DD pan and 4x4 Supercrew?

Thanks.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by jward
Thanks for the pics, M.

The crossmember on your truck looks slightly different than mine does. 2003 Supercrew 4X4. Mine has a slight lip on the bottom. Hence my concern as to fit. Even if there is no clearence issue, and that appears to be the case, it looks like there'd be trouble getting to the back bolts because of the lip and the depth of the DD pan.

Anyone have experience with the DD pan and 4x4 Supercrew?

Thanks.
bump

Old 04-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey merecedes everytime i see that fat kid having a tantrum i laugh. where did u find that?

Old 04-21-2008, 02:52 PM
ha ha ha ha ! Ya, its pretty awesome. I have made it my stamp. I use other names in a couple other forums, but all have my lil buddy !

To tell you the truth, i don't remember. It was another member on this site, we were swappin ideas and just BS'in and showing pics and I saw that and just couldn't help but steal it. I go through my old posts and catch that guy dancing and it still gets me to chuckle ! Funny little ****er !

Jward: I think your best bet would be to make a call to Mag Hytech. Tell them what you got, ask them about fitment. If they say no problem, ask them if there is, whats their return policy and go from there. Thats what I would do in your shoes. Good luck, and any more questions feel free, I'm still trying to find more info on it.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey Jward,

Just came in from 4 frustrating hours in the garage actually in the driveway)trying to install my mag- hytec pan on my 2003 Supercrew. Started off with the UPS driver coming while I was out getting my trans fluid. Didn't see the note on the front door cause I was out in the back all day. Finnally checked the tracking # at 5:00 and saw they wouldn't be back till tomorrow. Drove 10 miles to the UPS terminal (followed the driver from my area 7 of them) to pick it up. Went to bolt the pan up, could get it in place, (it's a very close fit) but can't get the back to bolts in without moving the cross member. Put the stock pan back on for now. Debating whether it's worth the hassle. Was thinking of drilling two holes in the cross member so it would be easier to get out again if I had to but I just am not sure yet. Have to see what I feel like in the morning.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by B&WScrew
... Debating whether it's worth the hassle. Was thinking of drilling two holes in the cross member so it would be easier to get out again if I had to but I just am not sure yet. Have to see what I feel like in the morning.

It's not recommended that you drill holes in the crossmember.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 AM
B&W, thanks for the info. Just as I suspected. Let me know what/how you decide.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Suspended
delete

Old 04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey jward,

Just wanted to let you know I decided to return the pan. Although the clearance at the lip isn't to bad, the space between the back of the pan and the verticle part of the crossmember is less than a 1/4 inch. I don't know how much movement you get when the engine torques but that just a little too close for me plus the fact that if you want to change the filter again, it's a real pain to go through. I don't know why they just couldn't have designed that crossmember to sit 3/4 to an inch further back It's like we always said back when I was turning wrenches for a living, they outta take the "automotive engineers" and make them work in a shop for a month or so. You'd see how much different things would be. What really bites is I got the pan for what I thought was a pretty good price ($238 & free shipping) but now I've got to pay to ship it back plus they deduct the cost of shipping from my credit.

Quick Reply: 4R70W/4R75W = same pan ?