Factory Tech VB

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Factory Tech VB

anyone know the price for one of these VB's for our 4R70W's? thanks

Old 07-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Around $200 with core return, but Gregg should tell you what his pricing is: GBEvans@peoplepc.com

I think he was having a bit of trouble getting timely core returns, so I hope he hasn't been forced to charge for them now.

It makes a WORLD of difference. Talk to him, though, about the amount of "jerk" you want. I am in the process of "fine tuning" mine. I should have asked the questions before I started.

It's worth EVERY dollar.

Sidewinder

Old 07-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Yea, I love my FTVB, but wish I would of asked for a little different tuning before I got it. I just don't want it to shift so hard on the 1-2 that it breaks the tires loose. I would much more prefer the way the other shift points feel. (nice and fast without the jerk of the wheel spin). Just make sure you know what you want when you order. Gregg does excellent work and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again if needed!

-Brian

Old 07-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02XLT,

If I remember my instructions correctly, there's a black spring you could put in that should really only be used for drag racing applications. The green spring was recommended for everything else. That might help.

On a related note, how'd your install go and how clear were your instructions?

Old 07-14-2003, 04:15 PM
Yea, I do have the green spring installed. Easily chirps the tires under moderate acceleration. Sometimes it can get annoying. The installation was easy since I had a local shop do it while I was having my transmaission fluid changed. I figure this was the easiest solution for me since I am living in an Apt. complex and they would frown on me dropping my tranny pain in the parking lot. As far as the directions. They looked pretty straight forward to me, and Gregg is always willing to talk to you on the phone if you encounter any problems.

-Brian

Old 07-14-2003, 04:44 PM
02XLT,

I have the solution for you.

I did some fine tuning on my Factory Tech VB this weekend. I too thought that the 1-2 shift was a little harsh for every day driving, but agree that it would be the "real deal" on the track. After some very helpful discussion with Gregg, I pulled the pan off and removed the 1-2 accumulator assy (you DON'T have to pull the Valve Body off to do this). I took out the green lower spring that came with Gregg's kit and installed the brown original equipment spring (it is stronger than Gregg's kit spring, so don't get confused). The 1-2 shift is still firm, but it does not shake the whole truck.

I think the difference is that the "whole kit" is a bit too much for 4X4 applications. I was noticing pretty harsh axle wrap during the 1-2 shift. This is probably because we 4X4 owners effectively have a block between the leaf springs and the axle. This greatly enhances the amount of axle wrap we get. It was probably not a factor in Gregg's calculations if he tested on 2WD applications (Sidewalk Sissies).

I took the truck out in the "back pasture" at my dad's house and it still spins ALL FOUR tires in 4LO during the 1-2 shift. Let the Harley and Lightning owners try to claim THAT----Problem Solved.

Hope this helps,

Sidewinder

Old 07-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea, my main worry with a really harsh 1-2 shift up here where it snows is that this could make winter driving a bit too entertaining - if that's what you call it when the back end snaps around. Having a limited slip rear end could make that double bad. Sounds like a good fix.

Old 07-16-2003, 03:19 PM
I should add that if your not "heavy" on the petal during that 1-2 shift it feels pretty much like stock.

-Brian

Quick Reply: Factory Tech VB