Overheating ecoboost when towing - Page 5 - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > Special Interest > Towing & Hauling
Overheating ecoboost when towing >

Overheating ecoboost when towing

Towing & Hauling

Overheating ecoboost when towing

Old 05-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by basecamp View Post
I have been dealing with this issue since the day I bought it. Ford doesn't care, It is a known issue that they won't do anything about. I dealt with them long enough. Here is what I have been trying. I live in Idaho so I pull a lot of big hills going camping etc. Every summer when it gets warm, above about 80 I have the same issue. I pulls great but gets hot. I have tried a couple things. First I replaced the intercooler, put a lower temp thermostat and a program in it from SCT Tuner. I did that at the first of this summer 2017. Took a trip up Logan canyon then to Yellowstone then back to western Idaho, ran warm to hot the whole time. Any time the temp was above 85 it was getting warm if I pulled above 70 mph. I think the intercooler actually caused it to get hotter because it is bigger and covered more of the radiator. So I am in the same boat you are. I love the truck, just wish it could do what they say it should do. So I am on my last straw with it. I just installed this weekend a new radiator from Full race for the Freak O boost. I will be pulling my 7600# trailer in two weeks up North so It will be the true test. I should know if it did the trick after the first week of August. I will report back. With the new radiator I have thrown about $2000 at it so if it doesn't work I may be trading it in.
How did the freak o boost rad work?

Old 05-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Unfortunately since I put the new radiator in I haven't had the opportunity to pull over the grades I usually do. I know I will in the next month or so. I will update when I do.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:01 PM
@basecamp, I'm pulling horseshoe bend hill for the first time this year in a couple days in my 2011 super crew... overheated on it twice last year coming home on 80+ degree days, so I'm eager to hear if your new radiator makes a difference! Thinking about doing a radiator flush before I go, just to see if it makes a difference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Overheating ecoboost when towing

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: