Towing & Hauling

Is Travel Trailer length an issue??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the travel trailer(s) for years and now the fifth wheel I can tell you there is absolutely no comparison in stability. The ride is more confident and way less stressfull So much so that in fact that I find myself loosing track of my speed and having to remind myself to slow down. Our 23' trailer was like dragging a reluctant dog compared to our 26' fifth. I also will never go back to a tt

Old 11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by 03Screw
I did the travel trailer(s) for years and now the fifth wheel I can tell you there is absolutely no comparison in stability. The ride is more confident and way less stressfull So much so that in fact that I find myself loosing track of my speed and having to remind myself to slow down. Our 23' trailer was like dragging a reluctant dog compared to our 26' fifth. I also will never go back to a tt
Hey...they don't call them "bumper whippers" for nothing.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
I agree that a 5th wheel is a more stable setup. You can have a very stable tag-along if you setup your rig correctly. With the exception of gusty crosswinds, my trailer doesn't wag the truck at all - even when passing trucks or being passed. My trailer is 32' long, weighs around 7400 lbs, and is 11'4" tall at the back (12' 4" at the top of the AC).

Quick Reply: Is Travel Trailer length an issue??