Towing & Hauling

Dual Cam WD vs Std WD

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual Cam WD vs Std WD

Hi Guys,

Just curious how the Reese Dual Cam WD stacks up against the standard WD hitch.

Thanks
Mac

Old 06-27-2005, 06:49 PM
The Reese Dual Cam has a built-in anti-sway device (the Dual Cam). Appears to be very effective at keeping trailer sway down.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks ferroequine, What do you use on your rig?

I dont want to sound cheap, I just want what I buy to work if you know what I mean. If the difference is small then I may opt for the regular WD, but if it in deed performs as advertised then I have no problem with it. Just getting others experiences.

$300 vs. $500, the extra $200 will buy alot of

Old 06-27-2005, 10:05 PM
It depends on what you are pulling behind you -- the larger the trailer, then typically the larger the chance of sway.

I'm using a Reese Dual Cam now. I started out with a friction anti sway bar (the trailer came with it), but it is easier to hook things up with the Dual Cam. The system uses the W/D spring bars as part of the setup, so once you hook up your bars, you're good to go.

It does work as advertised. With our rig, I wouldn't want to run it without an Anti-sway device of some sort, even though it is an Airstream, which are known to be exceptionally stable pullers. You never know when an emergency situation rears it's ugly head.

Quick Reply: Dual Cam WD vs Std WD