Lower Ball Joints Disintegrating (Picture)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
LOL

Good luck with the NTSB finding that China based company.... they are probably long gone by now or operate under a different address each week.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
OEM ball joints are not greaseable.
And less likely to have dirt pumped in or too much grease and burst boots.
Originally Posted by jimbo74
is it a greaseable/serviceable part? I also agree with you get what you pay for. In my older age, I am finding that OEM really is the best option for most applications. I also try to find who is the OE supplier and try to find them cheaper. Not all manufacturers make their own parts.
Generally … this!
Originally Posted by jimbo74
I have a ball joint on my Mitsubishi, that has a torn boot, and have for several years, and it doesn't look that bad, but I make sure it is greased up occasionally
My '95 Tbird had bad boots on upper ball joints, but are still good & not sloppy … so I simply removed remnants of old boots, and slipped new poly boots on stud and refastened to spindle top, boot big end hugs UCA and I slip a needle adapter in edge to apply grease to maybe seal / slow rusting. Been working for 65,xxx miles like that.

Last edited by tbear853; 12-28-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures.

Top cap of old ball joint just "rolled" over t expose the top of the ball joint insides.

What the hell??? There was no type of "joint" in there, just the ball top. Was the top cap holding it in???

New ***** joints shipped from the company.

Quick Reply: Lower Ball Joints Disintegrating (Picture)