Fox 2.5 bump stops and fabed prerunner guard

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fnnrNArnner74

Well idk what kind of fab work he does but he obviously is winging it or else he would see what I saw right off the bat. Its one thing to be able to weld and another to be able to fabricate. My guess is you're going to end up going lt before its all over. But that's going to be your journey. I'm always here to help. The last thing I want anyone to have is a ****ty set up when I could have lent a hand. See if you can get a smaller rod end. Maybe by an inch or two. Also take a pic of what your bumpstop is bumping off of? It looked like a small plate but I couldn't see it very well. Whatever it is needs to be wicked strong. That's a lot of force being applied.
Hey sorry haven't got back to you I've been very busy but I did get a chance to go off roading and see how the suspension worked. I went up to a little place called Interlake not the best trails but it's pretty fun little place. So I did get a little air off of a maybe two foot little ramp on the dirt trail but I was going maybe 45mph and it did fully cycle through the suspension. And when I got out to make sure the truck was okay I saw where the strut was dirty and I could tell that the shock fully traveled all the way in... but the bump stop did not. the bump stop traveled maybe an inch. So you were right. the bump stop needs to be moved out and and I need to get a little shorter extensions. But I did have a lot of fun.I took my two Marine buddies and if you can imagine my truck going through the trails at 50 while too jarheads are screaming GET SOME GET SOME!!!!!!. ya it was awesome.... I didn't get any videos though, I was too focused on having fun but next time I'm going to get me some go pros and put one outside the truck one in the suspension and one inside the cab just to see our reactions. Tomorrow I'm running by Jeffs and have him look over the truck make sure it's okay and bring this up to him because I want those bump stops to work.

Quick Reply: Fox 2.5 bump stops and fabed prerunner guard