6 Inch lift, Truck making squeak and popping, Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 Inch lift, Truck making squeak and popping, Please help!

I have an 06 F150 4x4 with 35s and a 6 inch fabtech lift. I have a noise coming from my truck that sounds when the truck articulates. The sound makes a popping sound and only occurs when the truck is being flexed on uneven surfaces. I have gone to several shops around the area and all have different guesses on what it could be. Two of them say its the leaf springs but if I start there I want to at least hear what you guys have to say about it.

*I have already tried spraying the leaf springs several times with grease with no luck.

Has anyone else heard of or have had this problem?
If it sounds like the leaf springs, should I just start by replacing the bushings and see if that fixes it or the whole springs?

Thank you for the help the sound is driving me crazy!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 PM
i got a lift installed on my truck and it popped and then i got the lower ball joints replaced and it went away. make sure all the nuts and what not are torqued to the right specs too. I'm not saying thats what it is, but thats what fixed mine, but my truck is an 03' and the ball joints had never been replaced.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a "pop" too and turns out it is the rack and pinion that is missing a tooth inside it shattered it off.

Does it happen when you turn the wheel?

Old 03-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Make sure everything is torqued down to spec. My crossmember got loose after getting my tires rotated (somehow) once, and it had the same sort of popping noise.

Quick Reply: 6 Inch lift, Truck making squeak and popping, Please help!