New to forum/6" Lift Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to forum/6" Lift Questions.

First, I am new to this forum. Hello F150 owners. I have been viewing this forum for the past several months and have become a fan. I completed my dream a few weeks ago and purchased my first F150. I have always wanted won and since I was a kid wanted one in the worst way. I guess it's because monster trucks and Bigfoot .

My truck is a Black 2007, FX4 SuperCrew. I have had it two weeks and love it!

I like the rest of you am looking to customize it to my dream truck. However; I am not a mechanic, of that educated in the world of suspensions...etc. thus this forum has been great in getting me ramped up.

for my first modification I am looking to lift the truck and give it a meaner look by adding new tires, wheels and modifiying the suspension to fit the tires. Thus I have questions about lift kits and the results. I have read on the site that liftkits actually improve handling..etc. versus stock. and vice versa.

So my big question is the ride impacted with a liftkit (Fabtech, BDS?) and 35" tires (hybrids NOT extreme mudders...etc.)? I have been told that level kits keep the ride stock but, this will limit my tire size at 33"

Lastly, anyone with kids have a 6" lift? I have three and the last thing I want to hear from my wife is complications and complaining in getting the kids int he truck .

Any advise and feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Suspended
what the hell is a hybrid tire? is it made out of recycled prius's?

i ran bds on my 07, was a great kit.

check my sig below and it will answer majority of your questions on lifts.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I think he means an all terrain tire.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by mikeford
Lastly, anyone with kids have a 6" lift? I have three and the last thing I want to hear from my wife is complications and complaining in getting the kids int he truck .
Thanks.
Whenever somebody complains about getting up in my truck, I just say thank you Just go with that and your wife will get tired of complaining.

I assume you mean all terrain when you say "hybrid". Your ride quality will be fine with all terrains or mud tires. I have a 6" Fabtech lift and 35" nitto mud grapplers and mine rides just as good as it did before the lift and mud tires.

A 6" lift with 35x12.50 tires is a good combination. You can't fit any bigger tires than that without more lift or cutting a lot off your front bumper and maybe your front fenders too. Here's my 2006 4x4 with a 6" Fabtech lift and 35x12.50 R17 tires

Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 PM
yeah All Terrain...Cepek refers their All Terrain as a "Hybrid"

sorry about that!

MossyOak3006....that is a sick set up! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by mikeford; 09-03-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 PM
yeah All Terrain...Cepek refers their All Terrain as a "Hybrid"

sorry about that!

MossyOak3006....that is a sick set up! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks rangerrick just did a photoshop for me. I can't wait til it looks like this:

I'm probably gonna lose sleep now. I can't wait

Old 09-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I saw your question about your front being too high. Is this something I need to lookout for too? Or did you go beyond the standard 6" lift kit?

Love the fender flares....mine being an 07 are faded so it is on my shopping list as well! Are you looking at Bushwacker?

Last edited by mikeford; 09-03-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 09-03-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm new to this site as well. I am getting everything ready to lift my '01 F150 Flareside. Pace yourself. The costs can really add up. Wait for sales and heed the advice of the experienced folks on this site. My advice... Keep researching for the best lift, best price and best installer if you cannot do it yourself. My kids are grown but I have seen a lot of kids climbing into lifted trucks. They love to do it and adapt quickly. Imagine how you would have felt if your dad drove a "monster truck"! They need to be supervised when climbing out, especially if they are tired. Have fun! They grow up too quick!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I saw your question about your front being too high. Is this something I need to lookout for too? Or did you go beyond the standard 6" lift kit?

Love the fender flares....mine being an 07 are faded so it is on my shopping list as well! Are you looking at Bushwacker?
I'm wanting the bushwacker pocket style flares. I didn't do any kind of modification the the lift. I think my back end is low because Fabtech supplies a 5" block which is only 3" taller than stock. With new leaf springs and an empty bed it would probably be about level, but my toolbox is full of all the tools I own and I always have a lot of other stuff in my bed too. Luckily I like a little bit of a bulldogging stance. If I was OCD about having my truck perfectly level, then I'm sure it would drive me crazy

Old 09-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by smmpa
I'm new to this site as well. I am getting everything ready to lift my '01 F150 Flareside. Pace yourself. The costs can really add up. Wait for sales and heed the advice of the experienced folks on this site. My advice... Keep researching for the best lift, best price and best installer if you cannot do it yourself. My kids are grown but I have seen a lot of kids climbing into lifted trucks. They love to do it and adapt quickly. Imagine how you would have felt if your dad drove a "monster truck"! They need to be supervised when climbing out, especially if they are tired. Have fun! They grow up too quick!
You will save some serious money if you can do the install yourself. Me and my friends put my lift on. Fabtech said it would take about 10 hours. It took us 24 or 25 All I have is hand tools and a floor jack. No big 4 post lift or air wrench but it was worth saving about $600 on labor for a shop to install it

Old 09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I just did a Rancho 4" and love it. The ride is the same as stock if not better! I clear 35/12.50/18's with no problems. Good luck on making a decision, I surfed these forums for about a month trying to decide which lift to go with!

Old 09-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by 4thf150
I just did a Rancho 4" and love it. The ride is the same as stock if not better! I clear 35/12.50/18's with no problems. Good luck on making a decision, I surfed these forums for about a month trying to decide which lift to go with!

Very nice

Old 09-04-2011, 01:18 PM
4thF150 are those 35's? Sweet set up! I haven't really heard much about the Ranchero Lifts. Why did you pick this one over the popular BDS and Fabtech..etc? What tires/wheels are those..very cool.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:34 PM
4thF150 are those 35's? Sweet set up! I haven't really heard much about the Ranchero Lifts. Why did you pick this one over the popular BDS and Fabtech..etc? What tires/wheels are those..very cool.
Rancho is one of the few companies that makes a 4" lift for the 2004-2008 f150s. Everybody makes 6" lifts because there is almost no price difference between 4" and 6". Both 4" and 6" require the same parts (differential drop, new crossmember, etc...)

Old 09-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Suspended
BDS actually makes a 4" lift for the 04-08's, i have no clue when it came out but was surprised to see it when i was on their site a few months back.

Quick Reply: New to forum/6" Lift Questions.