Rancho quick lift question (for those who have it installed)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho quick lift question (for those who have it installed)

I just bought the Rancho quick lift for the front and the 9000 shocks for the back for my 2010 4x4. My question is (for those who have it installed) how did the truck sit after the install, level, front end a little higher, or front end just a tad lower than the rear? Friend of mine put in the 2" spacers and his front now sits higher than the rear and it's very noticeable. Thanks

Old 08-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Advertised as a 2" lift. Bear in mind there is a note in the box that mentions letting the springs 'settle' before getting an alignment, so it could sit higher initially than it will in a few weeks or so also.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM
I just installed the quick lifts and 9000 rears this weekend. Mine sits within 1/4" of level (front end lower) right now. However with an alignment and settling of the springs it is likely to sag a little more. I'm guessing 1/2" to 3/4" lower in front, which is just perfect in my book.

I didn't see the note in the box about waiting on an alignment, did the note say how long to wait?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday,
I sit 1/4 inch above level. I'm guessing after it settling, it will be 1/4 to 1/2 below level. Which is fine with me...

Install is a breeze. Don't be afraid of it...

Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Whytknyt
I just installed the quick lifts and 9000 rears this weekend. Mine sits within 1/4" of level (front end lower) right now. However with an alignment and settling of the springs it is likely to sag a little more. I'm guessing 1/2" to 3/4" lower in front, which is just perfect in my book.

I didn't see the note in the box about waiting on an alignment, did the note say how long to wait?
I'll have to check and see, I don't recall. I have alignments for 3yrs at NTB planning on having it checked later in September. Probably isn't off much since I have a 2" readylift spacer .

Old 08-29-2011, 01:53 PM
i've had mine for a year and a half and there is a small rake. i have a 2004 so originally the rake was very severe with the tall rear blocks. i think it looks good. no bulldog.

oaw

Old 08-30-2011, 08:51 AM
I called Rancho tech support yesterday about the issue of letting the springs settle. The guy I talked to said they do not include a warning about this in the packaging, and while it might be a good idea to let the springs settle for a few days, it wasn't necessary.

Come to think of it, they certainly don't let the springs settle for a few hundred miles when the build a new truck, alignment is done within hours of assembly, and the truck never has more than a few hundred feet of driving on the new springs.

Long story short, I went and got an alignment yesterday afternoon, and I'm sitting just a little lower in the front, but hard to tell without measuring. If I put a Leer topper on, I'll likely turn up the shock setting in the rear and add a 1" block to keep the current look to account for sag from the weight of the topper. BTW, I ran 5 front 3 rear yesterday and it seemed a little squishy to me. Changed to 6 front 4 rear and like it.

Trending Topics

Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM
I called Rancho tech support yesterday about the issue of letting the springs settle. The guy I talked to said they do not include a warning about this in the packaging, and while it might be a good idea to let the springs settle for a few days, it wasn't necessary.

Come to think of it, they certainly don't let the springs settle for a few hundred miles when the build a new truck, alignment is done within hours of assembly, and the truck never has more than a few hundred feet of driving on the new springs.

Long story short, I went and got an alignment yesterday afternoon, and I'm sitting just a little lower in the front, but hard to tell without measuring. If I put a Leer topper on, I'll likely turn up the shock setting in the rear and add a 1" block to keep the current look to account for sag from the weight of the topper. BTW, I ran 5 front 3 rear yesterday and it seemed a little squishy to me. Changed to 6 front 4 rear and like it.
Since I guess I'm now lying, if I can find it I'll post a pic, ok?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 AM

"guy you talked to" needs a retrain. Note from quicklifts received about 1 month ago. 6-4 seems good, although 7-4 is VERY firm and sporty. Can't decide.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Ok, I can buy that, but I don't think that's the same as 'wait to get an alignment' after installation. I agree that they will settle a little, lets hope that its not enough to mess up the alignment. I got a one time alignment so if it needs to be done again, I get to pay for it again.

Thanks for tracking that info down.

Cheers

Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 PM
BTW, drove all day on 6-4 and still think its a little soft. But i guess I like the firm Ford ride. I may have to step up to 7-4 or 7-5 in the next few days.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Ok, I can buy that, but I don't think that's the same as 'wait to get an alignment' after installation. I agree that they will settle a little, lets hope that its not enough to mess up the alignment. I got a one time alignment so if it needs to be done again, I get to pay for it again.

Thanks for tracking that info down.

Cheers
If you feel like wasting another alignment fee if it does change, then be my guest. Point is 'your guy' is patently wrong about the inclusion of above note about settling.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:47 PM
"my guy" is some random dude on the phone, not like we are exchanging Christmas cards. I would also disagree that he is 'patently wrong'. I asked him if they included a card that warned to wait to get an alignment, and obviously they don't, but there is the reference to settling of the springs in the paperwork you provided.

Maybe I didn't phrase the question properly based on the info you provided, maybe not. Either way I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Well they do put a note in to advise you to wait and let things settle and it does mention that, which is what got us here in the first place

OMG.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
Well they do put a note in to advise you to wait and let things settle and it does mention that, which is what got us here in the first place

OMG.
Whatever, if the factory doesn't do it, I'm sure Rancho knows better than Ford.

Quick Reply: Rancho quick lift question (for those who have it installed)