ReadyLift 1.5 rear lift-Do I need an alingment?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ReadyLift 1.5 rear lift-Do I need an alingment?

I have a questions for ya fellas.... If I installed a 1.5" ReadyLift block on the rear... do I need to align the rear if my truck is a 4X2?

Reason I ask is because I have had major threadwear issues since I installed a
2" leveling kit on the front and a 1.5" lift block on the back.... I wanted to know if I need to align the back as well since I've only aligned the front.

Interesting point to throw in here is that at one point my DriveShaft needed to be lubricated at the dealership because FORD forgot to lubricated at the factory, which makes me wonder if maybe FORD forgot to align the rear axle at the Factory also and that is why I'm having threadwear problems because the rear is making the steering compensate for not being aligned. What do ya all think?

Old 08-12-2011, 12:16 PM
No you should not need an alignement for adding lift in the rear, only the front

Old 08-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Yup only the front is needed if any type of lift or level kit is installed due to your steering system and wheels and components not sitting quite in the exact same spot as they were before.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is no such thing as a rear alignment on an F150. The locating pins on the axle and springs are the only kind of "alignment there is for the rear.
It would not hurt to have the front aligned, as lifting the rear will change caster ever so slightly.

Quick Reply: ReadyLift 1.5 rear lift-Do I need an alingment?