for those with spindle lifts...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 02:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those with spindle lifts...

I just installed the AIM lift spindles but ran into some problems. First the spindles would not completly rotate on the lower control arm, and i had to grind part of the lower a arm to clear a path for the turn radius of the spindle. Next problem was the guards the connect inbetween spindle and the caliper/roter. I dont excatly know the purpose of this shield but the spindle did not have holes in the proper places to reinstall that shield. So as off now they are not on. And the worst problem is that i cannot move the truck out of the driveway to the allignment shop b/c the location for the tie rod on the spindle was different than stock. Therefore i adjusted the tie rods and toed my tires out b/c they were exteamly toed in after the new spindles. Also the tires lean in but then lean out as i backed my truck down my driveway. Kinda in a bind now.... Any reasonable solutions???

Old 07-06-2001, 11:41 AM
JSL1414,

The old style Bullseye spindles were the same in that you had to grind the end of the lower control arm to avoid contact, but that was clearly stated in the instructions. As far as I know, you do not utilize the brake shield with any aftermarket spindles, at least for the F150.

Now as far as your alignment. If your camber is off you can still drive it to the shop, but you need to zero your toe as best as you can. The reason your tires lean out when you back out is because you are toeing out, and when you back up, the tires are driving toward each other causing the tops of the tires to go outward. Likewise when you go forward, your toe is forcing the tires away from each other, causing the tires to tilt in. You want to set the toe as even as possible, error only in the negative, or toe in direction. That will keep your steering stable until you get it professionally aligned.

Good Luck.

Old 07-08-2001, 08:35 PM
preferably i don't like AIM anymore. your spindles were quite cheap right. well i got a upper control arm kit and it was a piece of junk, now its sittin in my garage. i then went with the fabtech spindles. yes they were more expensive but i didn't have any problems. i took the stock ones off and put the new ones on and thats all i did. no allignment needed to be done nothin. so i don't know whats up with your spindles but it sounds like you got a problem

Quick Reply: for those with spindle lifts...