springtech A-arms and lift coils?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
springtech A-arms and lift coils?

I was wondering if anyone on here has this setup for a 97-03 f-150. I have the 3.5" spindles and was thinking about junking the stock coils and daystar spacer for the 3" coils and longer control arms. I'm just mainly concerned with the quality of these control arms so if anyone has some feedback or even pics in person of this kit, it would be appreciated.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Anyone???

Old 08-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly, I don't see as you would gain anything by doing this. I think you would be better off by adding a 3 inch body lift if you want more lift.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should contact fabtech. They have one last set of the single shock LT UCA's which would allow you to use 3" lift coils. I dont know how much they would charge you for them, but I know they are good quality. I have been pushing my lift .

Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm runnin this kit with the uca's, spindles, and rear blocks - its the 6/4 kit i think. i love it and it was a great price. the only bad thing i dont like about the springtech lifts is if you can get a better set of shocks cause the ones that come with it tend to squeak when your like goin over speedbumps.

this is the best picture i have right now with it on 315/75/r16 yokohoma geolanders which in my case measure out to a little over a true 35". but i can get some better pics of the front suspension setup if you want just let me know and ill pull a wheel off and take a pic haha

Old 08-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Pizzaman, if you could get me some pics of the upper control arms that would be great. I just want to make sure that these are pretty good quality before i buy them. As for shocks i'm gonna go with the bilstein 5100's.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
Honestly, I don't see as you would gain anything by doing this. I think you would be better off by adding a 3 inch body lift if you want more lift.
I plan on eventually getting a 3" body lift, but within the next few months i'm going to have to change my upper balljoints, so i figure i would do this and get a couple more inches of lift in the process since this kit won't be that much more than buying the oem upper a-arms and ball joints.

Trending Topics

Old 08-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
I'm runnin this kit with the uca's, spindles, and rear blocks - its the 6/4 kit i think. i love it and it was a great price. the only bad thing i dont like about the springtech lifts is if you can get a better set of shocks cause the ones that come with it tend to squeak when your like goin over speedbumps.

this is the best picture i have right now with it on 315/75/r16 yokohoma geolanders which in my case measure out to a little over a true 35". but i can get some better pics of the front suspension setup if you want just let me know and ill pull a wheel off and take a pic haha
Nice wheels man . Looks like you and I are the only ones that rep them now that Dnasty's truck was totaled.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:31 PM
thanks b2therad i love these wheels

and heres a good shot of them from before the lift goin on i can get one of them on the truck too but i cant take it till after class ha

Old 08-31-2010, 11:33 PM
thanks b2therad i love these wheels

and heres a good shot of them from before the lift goin on i can get one of them on the truck too but i cant take it till after class ha

naw man that's good enough. Did you have to buy bushings for the arms? or did they come with it? And also how did those 3" springs ride, are they pretty stiff or more smooth riding?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:44 PM
I think SpringTech coils are in my green truck currently.

ATTENTION:

Trucks with lifts ride like ***. Fo real though, take my advice. Dont cheap out cause you dont want it any worse.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man

ATTENTION:

Trucks with lifts ride like ***. Fo real though, take my advice. Dont cheap out cause you dont want it any worse.

Yes i know a lifted truck isn't gonna ride like a caddy. My truck has been lifted for about 4months now so i know all about it. I was just asking him for feedback on how the springs ride. Such as very stiff, somewhat bouncy, or just a medium between stiff and comfortable as in a nice firm ride. As far as cheaping out goes there really isnt any other options for our body style trucks.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man

ATTENTION:

My truck rides amazing. Better than stock easily

Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 PM
They come with all the bushings you could ever possibly need. and they ride really good with a decent set of shocks but with the springtech shocks they can be kinda bouncy from time to time.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:08 AM
They come with all the bushings you could ever possibly need. and they ride really good with a decent set of shocks but with the springtech shocks they can be kinda bouncy from time to time.
awesome man, yeah i'm gonna order the kit that doesnt have the shocks, since i plan on running bilsteins and i'm also gonna junk the cheap balljoints that come with it and put in some moogs.

Quick Reply: springtech A-arms and lift coils?