1.5" Lowering Shackles for a '05 2WD F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.5" Lowering Shackles for a '05 2WD F-150?

I was wondering if anyone knew of 1.5" lowering shackles for the 04-08 F150s 2WD. I know the shackles I've seen advertise a 1.5" drop if it was a 4WD. I ordered Eibachs 35112.540 (2" coils & 3" leafs) kit yesterday and I still want to lower my truck atleast another 1" in the rear. I would like my truck to sit level and 1.5" shackles would be ideal. I think H&R make a set but not sure the quality and they seem to be the most expensive lowering shackles on the market. I like Ground Force's shackles, but does anyone know for sure they all come with 2 holes? All the GF shackles I see (91200) or (91201) all advertise a 2" drop not 1-2" drop, which 2" would be too much of a drop. Thanks in advance for anyones help with this.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Look on Ground Forces site. I'm almost positive that their kits are for either 1 1/2 or 2" drop. They have 2 sets of holes. I used the 2" holes.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks Bluejay! I will check that out. I've heard nothing but good things about GF shackles.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by 05-Screw
Thanks Bluejay! I will check that out. I've heard nothing but good things about GF shackles.
I got them because they came with the shims to reset the pinion angle. They have been perfect.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I got them because they came with the shims to reset the pinion angle. They have been perfect.
I just got off the phone with GF. You were right, one hole is 2" and the second hole is 1.25"-1.5" which will be perfect. Ordering directly from them was almost as cheap as anywhere else. Except I had to pay for 3-day shipping since they are in PA and I'm in WA and I want to install everything at once. The guy talked me into the 91200 kit over the 91201 kit saying that the OEM bushings will wear faster. He said to grease everything with a marine grade grease or wheel bearing grease and I shouldn't have any squeaky issues. Thanks again!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by 05-Screw
I just got off the phone with GF. You were right, one hole is 2" and the second hole is 1.25"-1.5" which will be perfect. Ordering directly from them was almost as cheap as anywhere else. Except I had to pay for 3-day shipping since they are in PA and I'm in WA and I want to install everything at once. The guy talked me into the 91200 kit over the 91201 kit saying that the OEM bushings will wear faster. He said to grease everything with a marine grade grease or wheel bearing grease and I shouldn't have any squeaky issues. Thanks again!
That's great! Glad it worked out for you.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah sounds good Ive beens searching for shackles as well and yeah you found out before I could let you know but yeah they have two different holes just like they stated, Im in for ordering mine as well for my truck, GF as well!! Yeppie!!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by tman07f150
Yeah sounds good Ive beens searching for shackles as well and yeah you found out before I could let you know but yeah they have two different holes just like they stated, Im in for ordering mine as well for my truck, GF as well!! Yeppie!!
I've heard nothing but good things about GF and when I ordered directly from them, they were only $105 plus shipping. Standard UPS ground is $15 but I paid $37 for 3-day UPS. Which ones 91200 or 91201 are you going with? It sounded like 91200 are better if the are greased properly. But I have heard otherwise.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah I was goin for the 91200, but then I heard the 91201s where better, shoot It dont really matter to me I suppose.. I may go through them and get them as well, I didnt think about that, I was goin to get them from summit, I think they are like $108 there, It will come down to the cost of shippin b/c I could drive to summit from my house and save the shippin if they have them in stock. Sounds great though let me know how it works or turns out, you'll probably get yours in and on before I get to it.. you plan on puttin the shims in there as well when you do the shackles or just doin the shackles and waiting to see if you need to install the shims..? Ive heard to do them while your already working on it and Ive also heard no need to do them..

Old 07-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by tman07f150
Yeah I was goin for the 91200, but then I heard the 91201s where better, shoot It dont really matter to me I suppose.. I may go through them and get them as well, I didnt think about that, I was goin to get them from summit, I think they are like $108 there, It will come down to the cost of shippin b/c I could drive to summit from my house and save the shippin if they have them in stock. Sounds great though let me know how it works or turns out, you'll probably get yours in and on before I get to it.. you plan on puttin the shims in there as well when you do the shackles or just doin the shackles and waiting to see if you need to install the shims..? Ive heard to do them while your already working on it and Ive also heard no need to do them..
I too heard the 91201 is better. But when I was talking to the sales rep at GF he told me the 91200 will last longer. If Summit has them in stock and you can pick them up then I'd save the $$ and go there! I plan putting the shackles on when I get everything I ordered. I ordered Eibach 2" drop coils and 3" drop leafs and the Eibach Pro Damper kit (shocks & struts) yesterday. It should all be here early next week. So when all is said and down it should turn out to be a 2" front drop and 4.25-4.5" rear drop. I'd go lower but I'm running 24's. I do plan on using the shims. Although to add them in later won't be too difficult. The guy and GF said it would be a good idea to use them. It seems like even though all these lowering parts are the same, everyone and every F-150 adapts to it differently and has different opinions. I figure I gotta go with what I think might be the best and see how it all turns out. I will let you know how it turns out and if I had any issues. If you are doing just shackles, I heard it only takes an hour in the driveway with jack stands and a jack. You don't even have to remove the tires.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Sounds good, I may have to go that route after doin just the 2 inch drop shackles.. yeah the shackles shouldnt be an issue or to long puttin on, it will run me a little more time though if I put in them shims.. Well see how it goes.. I may make a run to Summit tomorrow, and try to get them installed this weekend.

Quick Reply: 1.5" Lowering Shackles for a '05 2WD F-150?