Just Installed my 3" Leveling kit today

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Installed my 3" Leveling kit today

I installed the 3" leveling kit today on my 08 screw 2wd, It took me about 2hrs to get it all done. The truck looks good however it seems that the rear is sitting about 1" lower now, so I will be ordering a 1" block to level it out. I feel that it rides a whole lot better than before. I will post some pics soon. I used a 3" leveling kit that I bought from fatbob's garage, I looked at the ball joints and they don't sit too much different then stock. Thanks to everyone's postings here I was able to decide what I wanted to do with my truck. Wheels and Tires will be soon to come, I have to talk my financial adviser into it since my truck only has 3k miles on it. I will post pics before I install the 1" rear block and after.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM
I had the same problem i found that the back sat lower now. I also purchased a 3" leveling kit but mine has seem to have gone back to normal as much as that dosnt make much sense but it looks level. i would leave it for a week and then see if you still want to block it.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by joncouse
I had the same problem i found that the back sat lower now. I also purchased a 3" leveling kit but mine has seem to have gone back to normal as much as that dosnt make much sense but it looks level. i would leave it for a week and then see if you still want to block it.

Thanks for the advise I will do that. I measured the differences between the wheel welds and it seems its not even off by much, Its maybe .5 inches or so.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:45 AM
did the same on my 07 4x4 3" and found that it is just right till i fill my tank and thin its about.025 lower on my rear end but you know even at dead nuts level when you kick it in the gas your rear will tend to sink do to weight transfer so i am looking in to a aal kit and hope i can find one that will do 1 inch or less would hate that i spent $80 and 3 hours of my time and still have a rake on my truck

Quick Reply: Just Installed my 3" Leveling kit today