Lift for 07 FX4 F150??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift for 07 FX4 F150??

(In a Nutshell) I have a 2007 F150 FX4 with Donahoe Racing full suspension lift. However I'm not getting the height and clearance I want for off-roading, I need a new lift. I been looking and researching over couple lift kits. Pro Comp-6inch, CST 8inch, Rize, and lastly Fabtech. Whichever I would get would all be with coilovers and shocks. What ideas/opinions do you think would be best??

Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 AM
For your all around BANG for your buck, I suggest the 8" RIZE. It's a complete bolt on kit that doesn't require and other mods. Just make sure you get the AAL for the rear, then you can run 37's.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Go all out bud. Get the CST kit, with all new coilovers and their new Upper control arms. Will beef up that suspension quite a bit, allow for some 37" meats and is probably the highest quality kit out the, not counting custom work.

Or, go with RIZE 8" lift, and King Coilovers or Sway A Way Coilovers and shocks. (RIZE comes with a huge front spacer, to retain stock shocks and springs). But later down the road, I am sure you will be wanting a aftermarket Upper Control Arm kit. I mean, go look at your truck, look at the itty bitty little upper control arms (stock) and the pathetic ball joint. Replace that with a BEEFY Upper control arm, and it also change the Ball Joint to a 1" Uniball (much stronger and allows for more flex)

Thats my opinion if your looking for an "off-road" big lift. Best bet, woudl be a Solid Axle Swap, but thats getting a little much.

Otherwise I would run Fabtech 6" lift, with Dirt Logic Coils and shocks.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
if you do a lot of offroading you might want UCA's (upper control arms) i would go with the CST it comes with UCA's, thats what i have. CST is known for there quality. The Rize is also a great kit, no UCA's i think most like it because of the cross member (its flashy and silver), which was a major reason i didnt want it. with both kits i would say get the after market coilover to go along with it.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:14 PM
^^ hey bud, what shocks does CST come with ?

Old 03-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh yeah I forgot one think I'm sure you guys already know what truck it is but my F150 itsn't really stock. I bought my truck a year ago now but its the Baja Special Edition, that's my main concern on going with the 8 inch lift I worry it might ruin the Baja look with to high of a lift.

CST doesn't come with coilovers in there kit you must aftermarket coilovers. Such as kings or fox. What do you guys think between coilvers??Fox?Kings?Racerunner?

Old 03-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Kings or Sway-A-Way would be the shocks I would run.

Sway-A-Way makes some REAL nice shocks IMO.

Kings has great reputation, but I have no experience with em.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:39 PM
However Racerunner only has a 2.0 and 2.5 coilover that's the same on what i have now.

What about Pro comp 6 inch lift?? How does that rate around here

Old 03-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by BajaF150
However Racerunner only has a 2.0 and 2.5 coilover that's the same on what i have now.

What about Pro comp 6 inch lift?? How does that rate around here
Procomp blows.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
^^ agreed. Great tires, awesome looking wheels, decent shocks, CRAP lifts (IMO).

Aluminum rear lift blocks, that make you stack ontop of your factory ones.

Low hanging, weak looking front cross member.

Great for pavement pounders, but if your looking to do some off roading, I would look into Fabtech if your going the 6" route.

What more do you want then 2.5" shocks ??? Thats plenty. And I promise you, Sway-A-Way will have far superior ride quality and off-road ability then anything ya got now. Kings also.

Then add Camburg UCA's in the mic and you'll have quite the rig.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
my FX4 with the 8 RIZE , rides smooth on and off road . had no problems at all . Would no consider another lift

Old 03-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
^^ agreed. Great tires, awesome looking wheels, decent shocks, CRAP lifts (IMO).

Aluminum rear lift blocks, that make you stack ontop of your factory ones.

Low hanging, weak looking front cross member.

Great for pavement pounders, but if your looking to do some off roading, I would look into Fabtech if your going the 6" route.

What more do you want then 2.5" shocks ??? Thats plenty. And I promise you, Sway-A-Way will have far superior ride quality and off-road ability then anything ya got now. Kings also.

Then add Camburg UCA's in the mic and you'll have quite the rig.

I have the pro comp lift. I agree with mtech that if you plan on doing off roading dont get the pro comp 6 inch. The lift is made for the street. Just look at the set up and you can tell. If you do little off roading the pro comp lift is perfect

Old 03-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Ok then I quess no pro-comp.

Well I am looking for good off-road ride, not to say that donahoeracing hasn't done the job its just not up to what I am looking for. Well I quess its just between CST then Rize and lastly Fabtech. Though I am just in throught that if I do get an 8inch lift it might ruin look of my baja. I have roll-a-long fender flares that came with the truck which i love and give great clearance (why i know 37's will clear easy) but I don't know if that high lift will change it look.

Also to add, I have never driven a bigger truck than a 6 inch lift off-roading are they stable out in dirt?snow?and dunes? If not do you consider getting rear traction bars?

Old 03-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
^^ hey bud, what shocks does CST come with ?
it comes with a space like all lifts but there are optional fox coilovers that thumper said were crap, but my buddy has a pair and they are bitchen! king also makes coilovers that will fit the CST.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM
You should look into the RCD lift. Its better then fabtech i think and just below CST and RIZE. And it will look great if you have glasswork.
Lets see some pics of your truck now!

Quick Reply: Lift for 07 FX4 F150??