To Lift Or not to Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Lift Or not to Lift

ok So I have a 98 scab xlt. It was used as my dads work truck so he even though the motor was taken care of the exterior wasnt. the Truck has 145,800 miles on it so it may run for another year. To make it look nice again I have to buy new fender flares then have them painted, Find a New Tailgate and have it painted and New Wheel Caps and a few other things. So do you guys think it would be worth it put either a 3 inch body or 6 inch suspension(looking used) and then new wheels and tires. So 3 inch body 200 +400 for labor and then wheels and tires approx 1300-1500. Or should I fix up the truck and just save up for the next one?

Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Save up for the next one.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Cool X2

Originally Posted by ddgarcia05
Save up for the next one.
Best to save for the next one...
Could end up needing put put more into fixing then moding....

Although if you've got the cash and this truck I assume is paid for!!
It could be a pretty cool project since it sounds like it need some TLC already.
Who knows maybe something you and your pop could do together...

Old 02-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey bro, i would save the money myself for the next one

Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. eXtreme
Best to save for the next one...
Could end up needing put put more into fixing then moding....

Although if you've got the cash and this truck I assume is paid for!!
It could be a pretty cool project since it sounds like it need some TLC already.
Who knows maybe something you and your pop could do together...
Its payed for and I have the cash, But I just dont know if I want to put that much more money in the truck thats that old.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 AM
As a couple have already said, just save your money for the newer one.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the year I would just save up for the next one.If it looked awesome body wise then I would say lift it but it sounds like its not perfect shape so I would save up for the next one.If you do buy stuff for it try to buy used so your only paying half price instead of new price.A 3in body lift new $160 and save the money and you and some friends put it on over a weekend (easy to do) and buy some nice used rims and used or new tires 35's.Could get out of it for less then a $1000 and leave the body the way it is and save for a nicer one some day.I picked up a set of brand new(less then a 100 miles) 255-75-17 BFG mud terrains for $350 on craigslist a 1/2 hour away.Priced new at $800 but the guy didn't like the noise they made so he sold them.Saved over half the price of new and they still had the hairs on them.Bought a set of 16x10 polished rims for my 99f150 for $200 on ebay plus shipping so if you look around you can do it cheap and still look good.

Trending Topics

Old 02-14-2008, 03:10 AM
theres a couple options.

1. save up for the new on (popular around here)

2. do a complete face lift..new motor (maybe diesel) do a SAS leaf springs all around on dana 60's. put enough lift to clear 38-40's . replace all damaged body panels and get it repainted.

**keep in mind that this will cost quite a bit! but if the truck has sentamental value then it might be an option. and if done right you could get another 100k+ out of it and it would be one of a kind.

once my truck goes i plan on doing a complete overhaul on it diesel and everything. but thats way down the road

just a though nobody flame on me

Old 02-14-2008, 03:12 AM
but chapdog is right you can get cheep used parts and still make the truck look good.

im just saying that a full resoration would last alot longer but if theres no attachement with the truck then id say get a new one....but im attached to all my trucks

Quick Reply: To Lift Or not to Lift