Gap Guard Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking of using c channel or 3 inch square tubing welded to the top of the frame, instead of the crush blocks when I do my lift. Has any one tried this, or is there a reason why this wouldnt be possible? This would fill the gap in the rear and after a coating of primer and paint should hide nicely. kind of a steel gap filler a bit longer than the wheel well.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Sorry I have not had time to reply work is crazy I got the lift done and it looks silly, well I guess thats my fault im running 285/70-17's that are on there last leg and no gap guards. The gap between my tires and the body is crazy, though it is alot taller than I thought. I will try and get some pictures up soon, but I am trying to get ready for opening day of duck season so life at the house is crazy.

Pictures to come.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The gap, is 3inches....you have a 3inch body lift. Definitely need 35s and gap guards. They are a must.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I was lloking at my truck today while it was parked next to my buddies, The gap between the grill and the front bumper is a pretty good distance almost 2 inches. Is that normal or is my truck just a bad body lift apple? I am almost ready to try and unbolt it and check to see if something was installed wrong.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was the part of the body lift i was disappointed in. The brackets that came to raise the front bumper up did not bring it all the way to were it was originally. I took mine back off when I had some help but i did not gain any more.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Allright good news is there is space left on the bumper ext. plate to move the bumper up another 1/2 to 3/4 inch or so, the bad news is I paid to have this installed and I have to fix someones goof. Oh well I guess thats the price you pay for not doing it yourself. I am off tomorrow I will take some pics both before and after the bumper work.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok I got a little to over zelous and started screwing with the bumper bright and early, so I did not get a chance to take pictures. Just know that the gap it had before was alot worse. I fooled around with the brackets and got about all I can get out of them but the gap still seem big, almost 2" in some places.

Quick Reply: Gap Guard Pics?