almost time for a lift i need feedback on what yall got

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question almost time for a lift i need feedback on what yall got

ive been looking and looking. something thats a 6" for sure.
i see kits with the replacement coilover and kits with the spacer. the price is way higher for the coilover.
is it worth it for you guys who have the replacement coilover, or if you didnt opt to get them, do you now regret your decision? i already have a leveling kit, and i will not be off-roading very much.

so really the queston is, since i dont off road regularly, will i benefit from the replacement coilover in my daily travels on pavement? thanks

Old 10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rize all the way

Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM
i only have 35inch tires. a 8 inch lift will look funny, wont it.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
If not Rize, then go with a Fabtech...

Old 10-16-2007, 10:35 PM
perfect! djh, hey so when you did your 6", you stacked it on top of your 2.5 inch spacer and now you got 8 inches or so of lift, right? this question has me so confused.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by *FX4TEXASGIRL*
perfect! djh, hey so when you did your 6", you stacked it on top of your 2.5 inch spacer and now you got 8 inches or so of lift, right? this question has me so confused.
My 1st mod was a 2.5" and then I put on my 6" lift (and took the spacer off) because I had to run my 33's until I saved up for new tires. Well then all I wanted 37's and I added the 2.5" spacer back to clear them. So yeah it's a total of 8.5" to 9" in the front. I'm about 1.5" lower in the rear even with a 2" AAL and 5" block. I'm getting ready to redo the springs in the rear now...

Old 10-16-2007, 11:00 PM
that clears things up so much for me, thanks!!!!

now, i take it you did not get that coilover upgrade? if that makes sense. ive been reading and researching alot of things so my terminology might be off. thanks again for taking time out to help.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 PM
No problem...

No I still have the basic "white" shocks that came with the lift. Good luck...

Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 PM
if you get one with coilovers, you can adjust them higher for the impending bigger tires.

Or you can do the spacer like djh has. It all comes down to preference.... and most importantly money

Old 10-17-2007, 09:57 PM
I hear you on the money part...

Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 PM
tnsilverfx4, so whats the verdict on those coilover vs what you had from the factory. are they worth it?

Old 10-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Money, what's money

Old 10-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by *FX4TEXASGIRL*
ive been looking and looking. something thats a 6" for sure.
i see kits with the replacement coilover and kits with the spacer. the price is way higher for the coilover.
is it worth it for you guys who have the replacement coilover, or if you didnt opt to get them, do you now regret your decision? i already have a leveling kit, and i will not be off-roading very much.

so really the queston is, since i dont off road regularly, will i benefit from the replacement coilover in my daily travels on pavement? thanks
no u would not benefit from new coilovers. it only stiffens the ride unless thats what u wantjust get a basic procomp kit. 6" and cheapest one.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:21 AM
I have the 6" basic Fabtech kit on my truck and am very happy with it. I would recommend the basic fabtech over the basic Pro Comp simply because I do not like the 6" spacer that Pro Comp uses on the front. Plus the cross member Fabtech uses looks alot better than the Pro Comp and the basic Fabtech kit is right around the same amount cost wise as the basic Pro Comp.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
I think the ride is better than stock personally. It only gets rougher if you crank your coilovers.
You've got a couple choices here:

1. Basic Pro Comp 6"- cheapest, uses factory coilover shocks with spacer. You cannot go bigger with this kit unless you either replace the coilovers or add a body lift. yea the crossmember doesnt look as cool as fabtech,rancho, or rize, but it looks awesome with the skid plate added to it. In addition to that, it actually looks exactly like the stock crossmember on the frame. You just never noticed it because your truck was low ( at least that was my case)

2. Basic Fabtech 6"- cheaper than others, sweet loooking crossmember. Creates new coilover by using factory spring and adding a replacement shock. You can go bigger with this kit by adding the spacer like DJH, (so you can clear some sweet looking 37's) or by adding new coilovers. This is probably the most popular kit on this site.

3. Stage II Procomp 6"- Most expensive of the three mentioned. Identical to the basic Procomp 6" except you get better rear shocks (MX6) and replacement coilovers. I think they provide a better ride and you easily clear larger tires and get about 7-8" of total lift in the front. (I have 5" of blocks, a 2" AAL, and a 1inch shim kit in my rear to level it)

These are just three options that were mentioned in your thread. There are about a million other kits you could consider.

If I were you, I would:

1. Go with basic procomp6" if you WILL NEVER go bigger and will keep this truck primarily on the pavement, save for a few off-road excursions, but nothing extreme like rock crawling or launching your truck in the air

2. Go with Fabtech 6" if you have a little bit more money to spend and want the flexibility of going bigger in the future. This kit will probably more solid for off-roading than the pro comp, because you have a coilover and not a spacer.

3. Go Procomp stage II if you have the extra cash, know you will go bigger, and want to beat on your truck a little bit if you have to.

I think you would be happy with the option 1 or 2. Whew..... is it happy hour yet??

Quick Reply: almost time for a lift i need feedback on what yall got