Old 09-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f150monster232
OMG i want some new coil overs and ucas now... MAn it looks sick
Me too!

Old 09-23-2007, 03:21 PM
sick!!! i believe you acn adjust them if you jack it up with the tires off the ground. beautiful truck dude.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:45 PM
looks good

Old 09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by bud8817
sick!!! i believe you acn adjust them if you jack it up with the tires off the ground. beautiful truck dude.
yea i was doing them on the truck yesterday and i gained a little more than a inch. iam going to try it again later today too see if can get some more height, but the lower balljoint into the LCA is getting in a angle, gotta keep an eye on it.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:21 PM
That truck is a thing of beauty. One of the sickest lifted trucks I have ever seen!!! Nice job Nooq!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by nooq
yea i was doing them on the truck yesterday and i gained a little more than a inch. iam going to try it again later today too see if can get some more height, but the lower balljoint into the LCA is getting in a angle, gotta keep an eye on it.
ya those usually wear out alot slower than the UCA ball joints... and even if they do they are way cheaper to replace sence you dont have to buy a hole control arm just the ball joint. truck looks amazing man

Old 09-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I didnt read if anyone said it or not but you have to back out the set screw and take the weight off the coilover by lifting at the frame. If you dont back out the set screw not only will you be fighting the screw but you will mess up your threads also making it hard to turn even after you back it out. If only you lived in AZ if you think those ride nice ill show you what a nice ride is. I got the rear valving worked out on my foxes so hopefully I can test and confirm that soon. Also I think this week while my truck is messed up anyways I might order some UCA's and finally get that hymed outer tie rod end made up. If all works out right I might start selling custom valved rear foxes and the hymed outers, if my buddy will machine more then a few sets, hes doing me a favor now but maybe he will make a run of them.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Also lower BJ are 50 each and like bud said they dont get near the wear or shock load from being maxed out like the upper. The lowers are really pretty strong on our trucks, and they have a lot more angle then they actually use even on full droop. I liked the stock ones batter then my moog so i am going back to the stock ones when I get my side all fixed up.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:21 PM
get that hymed outer tie rod end made up.
i would love a set of those let me know how that works out!

Old 09-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by bud8817
i would love a set of those let me know how that works out!
count me in on that as well.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by extremeethan
I didnt read if anyone said it or not but you have to back out the set screw and take the weight off the coilover by lifting at the frame. If you dont back out the set screw not only will you be fighting the screw but you will mess up your threads also making it hard to turn even after you back it out. If only you lived in AZ if you think those ride nice ill show you what a nice ride is. I got the rear valving worked out on my foxes so hopefully I can test and confirm that soon. Also I think this week while my truck is messed up anyways I might order some UCA's and finally get that hymed outer tie rod end made up. If all works out right I might start selling custom valved rear foxes and the hymed outers, if my buddy will machine more then a few sets, hes doing me a favor now but maybe he will make a run of them.
thanks for the response bro. the set screw is backed out, and they are still a PIA to crank on. I am jacking up from the front crossmember to get the front at full droop. Frame better to jack from?? I got them cranked up now though, but now iam kinda worried about if it will align or not. hopefully it will. steering wheel doesnt wander anywhere so it should be cool.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 AM
I lift from my front cross member too I just didnt want to recommend it because then everyone would flame me for being unsafe. Also while you are adjusting the coil overs a shot of wd does wonders. As for the alignment you should be fine the upper arms add more camber and that would be the only place you would have problems with. Ill get on those outer hymes tomorrow

Old 09-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by extremeethan
I lift from my front cross member too I just didnt want to recommend it because then everyone would flame me for being unsafe. Also while you are adjusting the coil overs a shot of wd does wonders. As for the alignment you should be fine the upper arms add more camber and that would be the only place you would have problems with. Ill get on those outer hymes tomorrow
why would jacking from the front crossmember be unsafe?

Quick Reply: DL's and Total Chaos UCA's Installed *PICS*