Info on 3 inch skyjacker lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Info on 3 inch skyjacker lift

Hey yall i got a 04 supercrew and i wanna fit some 35s and i came across a 3 inch lift from skyjacker and i was wondering if any one has a pic of one on a truck or if anyone know some details bout it .... like is it worth the money? Does it ride good, or should i just not waste my time with buying it?

Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by msford9981
Hey yall i got a 04 supercrew and i wanna fit some 35s and i came across a 3 inch lift from skyjacker and i was wondering if any one has a pic of one on a truck or if anyone know some details bout it .... like is it worth the money? Does it ride good, or should i just not waste my time with buying it?
DO NOT get it. worst lift out there for our trucks. all it does is add bigger coilover towers, which puts a lot of stress on the upper control arms and gives very awkward CV angles. ive heard it has terrible ride quality and isnt worth it.

if you want 33s just get a 2.5 spacer lift, its like 400 bucks cheaper then the SJ 3" and will give you only .5" less of lift.

if you want the 35s without a huge lift get the rancho 4" or the superlift 4.5" which are both quality kits.

hope this helps.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
DO NOT get it. worst lift out there for our trucks. all it does is add bigger coilover towers, which puts a lot of stress on the upper control arms and gives very awkward CV angles. ive heard it has terrible ride quality and isnt worth it.

if you want 33s just get a 2.5 spacer lift, its like 400 bucks cheaper then the SJ 3" and will give you only .5" less of lift.

if you want the 35s without a huge lift get the rancho 4" or the superlift 4.5" which are both quality kits.

hope this helps.
I second that, go with the Rancho lift. It is far superior to SkyJacker. I have a Rancho 4" on my Silverado and even it has caused some minor problems with stress on the steering - but that is a Chevy issue. The sub-frame of the Rancho lift is a one piece, solid welded frame. Most of the other kits have multiple bolt-together pieces which will shift over time. Go with Rancho and tack weld the sub-frame to the frame of your truck - that way if you have something shift, it will let you know.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
hey thanks for the info guys.... i have heard that from some of my buddys that skyjacker lifts are ****. I wish they would come out with the same lift but different brand, cuz i dont feel like paying 1800 for a damn 6 inch

Old 08-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Go with the rancho it will allow you stock wheels as well as aftermarket wheels. On the Super lift you can only use aftermarket wheels.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Don't get it I 3rd that.......Go to my after market suspension post I just did see if your interested in this deal I'm trying to put together on the 6" fabtech lift kit.

Quick Reply: Info on 3 inch skyjacker lift