planning out the lift, want yalls opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
planning out the lift, want yalls opinions!

I finally was able to start saving up for the lift here recently!! So the wheels are now in motion at least money wise, which is good. I have been doing lots of research here and all around the web and this is what i have come up with. Im looking for input on what you guys think, like/dislike, prices, or suggestions for other things. .

Fabtech 6" w/ steering stabilizers --1500.00
Diamo 20x10 17 karat wheels --912.96
Toyo M/T 35x12.50R 20 --1573.61
Total: about 5000 <--Does that sound about right?

I came to me decision on wheels after seeing bradscott's truck, I love those rims and it just so happens last night i found this truck on trucktoyzperformance.com and it was perfect (6" lift, diamo rims, & toyos).

there is actually more pics of the truck if you scroll forward and back on that page.

Tell me what you guys think, make suggestions and recommendations. I value the knowledge and opinions you guys and gals all have! Im trying to be lifted by or before august ( I know it seems like forever, but I bet some of you know how hard it sucks to have to save and wait, save and wait. . )

Thanks all!

Last edited by FX4life; 03-16-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't like the wheels but that's up to you because there are so many different opinions on wheels. Fabtech is great lift but the pic of the truck you showed looks like it could seriously use an extra leaf in it. You may also want to think about Nitto's or Pro Comp tires because Pro Comps are buy 3 get 1 free right now and Nitto's are just cheaper and a very good tire but again, it's all up to you.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Here is the rims a little cheaper than what you have up there, and I am sure you can get a better tire a lot cheaper than 1500 but that is your choice. I plan on about the same with my 2007 White sand stone metallic F150 4x4.

https://host279.ipowerweb.com/~tomzw...636ca3fdf6839d

Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 AM
You can also look on ebay for your rims from one of the stores that sells them brand new. I got my moto metals from there at 800 dollars shipped

Good lift choice, but the back of the trucks with the fabtech lifts do sag, as im sure you see. I'm getting an AAL for mine soon.

Last edited by xXDroneXx; 03-16-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 AM

Kansasjoe--What wheels would you recommend, im still kinda inbetween on the wheels. I wasnt sure if wanted those, or an all chrome wheel. I was actually looking at getting the lift from your place on the web. I have the skyjacer 1.5" aal would that be too much? id like it to be perfectly level, but still have towing capabilities. Im still looking at tires, Id like an aggressive looking A/T tire, I just priced the toyos out cause that is what ive seen the most of.

Jetg-- thanks for the link, if i end up w/ those wheels that site will definately save me some money. Id love to see some pics of your truck, I love that white sandstone color!

Last edited by FX4life; 03-16-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:58 AM
I like those wheels with the Toyos, but not a big fan of 20's. For a 35" tire I would go with an 18" wheel. But then again, thats only me.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:16 AM
No problem on the link, Believe me I am getting into the same stuff as you are. I am wanting a lot and for a little as possible out of pocket but the look and functionality has to be there regardless of price.

Here is my plan either do a 2.5" and AAL for now and the 20" either the KMC rockstar or I want the Diamo 17K in black. Then as for tires more than likely will be there Nitto or something of that nature in a 33/12.5. But I can swing the lift now 6" fabtech and if I can install it myself that would save me.

So price say 1500 for the lift as you priced it, say 900 max on rims and about 1200for tires that makes the total about 3600, then pushing maybe 4K at most once all said and done with alignment ect. So that still is 1K less on price than you stated which is a lot. I have done a lot of work on Camaros LS1 and built and pulled motors ect, so I think I can do the lift on my own with some help.

Heck I have had the truck a week and I am and will do this in the next week or two for sure. I just sold my Cadillac CTS-V with 100shot of gas to get this truck and it had 6K in rims on it. So I don't leave anything stock for long, and if I have the need for speed I have a 06 yamaha R6 to play with and a 4x4 to go off road now. So I have the best of all world, and have access to a couple of speed boats also.

J

Trending Topics

Old 03-16-2007, 11:26 AM

Sounds good jetg, Id like to install it myself if i could find time im sure i could tackle it. I work with a guy who knows a guy that owns a shop that said he would do it for 400-600 bucks, it just depended. That wasnt too bad imo.

As for wheels I like the diamos, but i also like these too. Although I have yet to find these anywhere online. I think they are Helo Rhino's
http://www.trucktoyzperformance.com/...p?imageid=3326

Old 03-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Ya well for 400-500 I was thinking myself about having someone else install it to, so we will see. I am trying to stay in the 3-4K range but still get everything I want. So in another month I can get more stuff, when does it ever end LOL.

Good luck, sounds like a awesome package you are putting together

J

Old 03-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Kansasjoe--What wheels would you recommend, im still kinda inbetween on the wheels. I wasnt sure if wanted those, or an all chrome wheel. I was actually looking at getting the lift from your place on the web. I have the skyjacer 1.5" aal would that be too much? id like it to be perfectly level, but still have towing capabilities. Im still looking at tires, Id like an aggressive looking A/T tire, I just priced the toyos out cause that is what ive seen the most of.

Jetg-- thanks for the link, if i end up w/ those wheels that site will definately save me some money. Id love to see some pics of your truck, I love that white sandstone color!
I think if you're gonna do chrome then do all chrome in which there's a lot of options through Diamo, Helo and Moto Metal so I would check all of those out because I sell by far more of those than any other type of wheels. As far as the add a leaf if you're gonna get the kit through me then you may as well get the add a leaf through me which is gonna be cut to be your new 2nd leaf and will ride better than a skyjacker short leaf. It's more work to put on because you have to bend the clips out but it's a better end result. Our primary business is leaf springs and we specialize in add a leafs.

Edit: I also think most people here have the Nitto Terra Grapplers or Mud Grapplers

Old 03-16-2007, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by KansasJoe
I think if you're gonna do chrome then do all chrome in which there's a lot of options through Diamo, Helo and Moto Metal so I would check all of those out because I sell by far more of those than any other type of wheels. As far as the add a leaf if you're gonna get the kit through me then you may as well get the add a leaf through me which is gonna be cut to be your new 2nd leaf and will ride better than a skyjacker short leaf. It's more work to put on because you have to bend the clips out but it's a better end result. Our primary business is leaf springs and we specialize in add a leafs.

Edit: I also think most people here have the Nitto Terra Grapplers or Mud Grapplers
Thanks again kansasjoe, Would you happen to know the price of the helo Rhinos? I cant seem to find them on the net, or when i do there is no price. Also how much would the aal from you guys run me?

Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
The Rhinos were discontinued and you'll have a hard time finding them for that specific bolt pattern. Not saying they're not out there it's just gonna take some effort to find them. As far as the add a leafs they're 110 for the set and will give you 1.5". I get my wheels through a distributor called wheel pros and here's their site and just click the brand on the bottom and it will show you wheels available. http://www.wheelpros.com/brands/

Old 03-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Good price on the kit since you are also getting the steering stabilizers. I ordered my kit yesterday and paid $1450 without stabilizers. The co-owner of the shop is going to a vendors show this weekend in Atlanta though and is going to get the lift kit for cheaper and will knock it off my final bill so I should end up paying less than $1450 in the end.

As for the wheels I don't like either set you have picked out. Personally I am a fan of the chrome wheels and not the black ones. I know alot of people have them, but the Moto Metal 951's look great or what I went with, Helo Maxx 6's. The Pro Comp's are buy 3 get 1 free (I went with the Xtreme AT's), so may want to look at that and they aren't a bad looking tire at all. I was able to see a set of them on the shop owner's truck.

Like you, I wish I could do the install myself and save myself some cash, but I only paid $650 for that portion and it gives me piece of mind knowing someone with a lot more mechanical knowledge than I did the install.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey FX4life. I just order some 18x10 Diamo 17k Black with Toyo Open Country A/T 325/65/R18 (35') mounted, balanced, lugs, tax, and shipped for $1790.00. I'm not sure how much more the 20's are but they may give you a better deal.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Order them online? Link?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: planning out the lift, want yalls opinions!